Home Metal Detecting
Options

This might be my most bizarre "recovery" of a find ever..

ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
I was looking to clear up some storage space and was rooting through useless stuff to throw away.

I came across this storage box for an old external hard disk. Perfect. I won't need that.

I started disassembling it for disposal: cardboard over here, plastic over there..
.. and then!

A sterling silver ring. Huh?
I remember having misplaced this almost immediately away after digging it. By looking at my old pictures, I can see that this was back in 2009.

I frequently put stuff in strange places (putting my phone in the fridge is the most common one), but this is quite a head scratcher - even for me. image
I must have been doing two things at the same time and mixed them up.

It's a modern ring, just a vintage design. Still, happy to find it - again. image

Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro

Comments

• Options
    COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you found it..... twice
    New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats cool
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Oh oh, time to see a neurologist?
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to be my metal inspector you can't be placing things in various places for 7 years!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something similar happened to me. I moved from the west coast to the east. After unpacking my coins and getting semi settled, I looked for my incuse gold indian coin... could not find it.

Looked for it for two years... thought it was gone for good - and that was one of my favorite coins. Then, one day, I pulled out a long box of ammunition I had not had reason to open for several years.... Lo and behold.. there was my coin. How it got in there I will never know... but really happy to have it back. Cheers, RickO