Home Precious Metals

Went to the Baltimore coin show

OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
and unloaded 7 x 1 oz of bullion common bars & coins to APMEX. Spot for 4 bars & spot +$5 for 1. for the "coins", spot + $8. Took me about 5 minutes to complete the transaction. Had I gone on Thursday, I would have walked away with $160 more...bummer.
"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Comments

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opa,

even though I didn't go to balt this time( due to medical reasons). When I do go, I have learned from the past that if I am with in a week of the show and they are coming, I call and lock with them and then hand deliver it. Past history (in more cases than not) prices always seem to fall the fri day of the show.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jdimmick
    Opa,

even though I didn't go to balt this time( due to medical reasons). When I do go, I have learned from the past that if I am with in a week of the show and they are coming, I call and lock with them and then hand deliver it. Past history (in more cases than not) prices always seem to fall the fri day of the show.

Good point...I thought about doing that, but in hindsight, I should have. Both APMEX & Provident was there buying.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: OPA

and unloaded 7 x 1 oz of bullion common bars & coins to APMEX. Spot for 4 bars & spot +$5 for 1. for the "coins", spot + $8. Took me about 5 minutes to complete the transaction. Had I gone on Thursday, I would have walked away with $160 more...bummer.

Did they test the items in your presence?
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN
    Originally posted by: OPA

Did they test the items in your presence?

No.