Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA 9 - 24/7 (Keep Them Coming)

Comments

• SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Those are some gorgeous cards. Every time I see a post like this I get reinvigorated. Here's a few of mine:

"Molon Labe"

• dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Here's a little variety

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    I love this thread Marc. Thanks for getting it going! Beautiful stuff guys- So many awesome cards I can't single any out!! It's great to see them all! (And it's fun to see a few I recognize). image

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Thanks Jeff. I sure like what I am seeing. These type of threads were everyone can participate and show off there cards are my favorites.

And to Daniel, show off that Steve Carlton. A 9oc is still yet a 9. Let's see it.
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some of my best PSA 9's.

I have three Hogan 9's but this is the best one.

This is a Pop 3 now. The third hit the pop report a few months ago and has never surfaced on EBAY.

The Matt Borne is the back card in the 1983 Wrestling All Stars set. It is a pop 5 and I have 2 and this one is the nicest I have seen so far. A super tough card.

It is such a shame he took his life at such a young age. This is a pop 2 and there is one graded higher that bumped from a 9. I have seen it and it is an amazing card.

The yellow cards are really tough to find centered. This is a Pop 3 now and the third one that hit a few months back has never come to market via EBAY. I purchased the first 9 years ago and had to have this one because of the eye appeal. I may get this reviewed one day as it is so nice.

This may prove to be an impossible card in a 10. They generally have some black smudge along the bottom and this is the cleanest copy I have ever seen. It has a tiny surface issue that kept it from achieving a higher grade.

From a set registry stand point this is the holy grail in my view from all three sets. There is just one 8 and one 9. The Martel card came on top of the second set and is generally in terrible condition. This is the card I bought that caused another collector to drop out of the race years ago and sell me his collection. He realized the stakes had risen and he wasn't interested in continuing.

This is a beautiful card. It remains a pop 1 still with none higher. The purple cards are really tough as the slightest amount of white and you are an 8 at best.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled this beauty from a 75 rack about a year ago and self-submitted it to PSA.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dnice...as close to a 10 as u can be! Beautiful portrait shot of the Roger...

dberk12...the 60 Mantle has the best registration I have seen on that card...his facial image is crisp and sharp!
    mint_only_pls
    I pulled both of these from the same 75 mini rack pack a few years ago.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭✭
    Pulled from a pack in '86:

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some more of mine. I bought the Kaline from BBCE several weeks ago.

James

• garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice thread and great cards guys. I have a ton of 9's from the 70's and early 80's. But cant figure out how this forum lets you download pics from your laptop? image

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Upload your picture onto photobucket. Then copy the IMG link and paste it in here. That's it.
  • Wow Tim, that Aaron/yount rip is tremendous!
  • cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    Monte- yep that 60 mantle looks insanely nice.
    Btw- I know you've got some 9's. Put up a scan of one of yours!!

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
    Originally posted by: DanBessette

Wow Tim, that Aaron/yount rip is tremendous!

Thanks, Dan~one of the few times when I came out ahead after ripping vintage unopened, lol..

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few of my favorite Stargells'.

• Forgot my +1 to Victorlaszio for some Tippett love! Here is my 9, not the best scan:

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just add a couple of guys named Payton or Peyton to this thread

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grote is killing it on those 75 minis, great thread
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
    Jeff...

In KC on business trip next week...I will post a couple when I arrive back in town.
    mint_only_pls
  • Beautiful Jordan 9. I remember I could have picked up one for about $1800 almost 3 years ago and I didn't. Stupid me. I knew they would rise but not to the level which they are at now. At least not so quickly anyways.

Here is another Maris 9.

• ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    This is also for sale. image
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    My favorite 9:

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    I haven't been around the board that long but this is definitely one of my favorite threads so far. Just beautiful cards all around. Fun to see the diversity of interests
    On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
    Beautiful Bowman wax pack! Could this pack be from Mr. Mint's 1954/1955 Topps and Bowman unopened wax pack big find in Paris, TN?
    mint_only_pls
  • garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Darrin - those are some awesome looking Stargell's. Do you have his 71?

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• slum22slum22 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff all around. So many great cards and packs! Definitely my favorite kind of thread. I'll start by sharing some football.

First up, a couple packs with some pretty good QB's on top.
    Now for some HOF RCs
    Steve
    Terrific assortment and variety of cards in this thread!

Pulled this one from a 76 OPC wax pack years ago..The Kid.

From a Topps wax pack..

One of my favorite packs from the unopened side...also self-submitted to PSA.

And some rack pack love..regular-sized and mini.

• samspopsamspop Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just witnessed too many beauties to comment on.

Congratulations to all for those wonderful cards!

This one was recently purchased and I paid thru the nose for the centering - it blew VCP out of the water!

My wife? She thinks I'm nuts!

This one was added to my 63F set - I also went after a well centered Koufax in 8 but was dreadfully outbid.

I put this under my microscope and compared it with some other common 9s I have from the set; and this one has really sharp corners! Will be submitting for review down the road. Will keep you guys posted.

Thanx for viewing.
    Mike
  • Wow - some real beauties going on here.

That 71 Aaron looks amazing.

Ans Mike - That Clemente looks like a 10. Razor Sharp corners and centering is perfect. And I mean PERFECT!
  • Wow, Mike's Berto takes the cake!
  • maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the rarest early career Greg Maddux cards. This is the pop 1 highest graded example with two PSA 8s. The Canon photo cards were meant to be used by players to sign when corresponding to fan mail, though there aren't many signed examples of any Cubs players in existence either.

• CWCW Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭
    Quite the enjoyable thread. Great cards, guys!

Here's a few more, even though the weekend is coming to a close. Hope everyone had a good one.

• IndianaJonesIndianaJones Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    STONE193---- You really don't need to feel bad about going well over VCP for that gorgeous 63 Fleer Bob Clemente. Obviously, several others saw what you were seeing, and they wanted it, too. Auction dogfight---you won. You're happy, and upon close-up research, feel you have a legitimate case for a PSA 10. How's the centering on the backside? Are the corners solid light green on the backsides? I wish you the very best, my friend.

As someone who collected them as a 9-year old in '63, in the wax packs with the free ginger cookie, and the dark brown card that Fleer thoughtfully included, so none of the cards would absorb any of the oil from the cookie, I can sure affirm dead-centered cards were seldom seen. I always thought they were beautiful cards, and I liked them more than the Topps that year. Anyways, congrats on the Clemente. Hope you get the double digit grade! ---Indiana Jones (Brian Powell)
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    tuff Yaz Master set card--

bought this raw years ago for $20.

OK this is not a 9--but goes great with the 9 card-huh?

more Yaz unopened?

Little Mantle Unopened?

and who can't love this baby? part of my #1 '69 4 in 1 set

Marc, Dan, Brian - thanx for the nice words and the encouragement.

Will let you'all know how it goes. I'm gonna look for other bumps.

My good scanner finally - after 12 yrs died - so I can't show how strong the corners are - compared to other 9s I have. Will do when I ramp up a new one.

If it doesn't happen? Not much I can do but resub from time to time?
    Mike

The Ryno was pulled from a vending box and the 61F Bkb #46IA was purchased raw for 30 bucks from Rotman Auctions around 1992.

And this one was a trade - I shared a table that cost me 60 bucks around 1992 - so about 30 bucks. He wanted 40 bucks for it at a flea market on Ft. Gordon - we got to talking and he asked to trade for the Sunday at this small show I used to set up with.

Mike
  • clarke442clarke442 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found some time and a scan.

I know it is not the weekend yet, but going by the "Drinking Rules" I believe "Thirsty Thursday" starts the weekend.
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    not PSA--but pretty impressive nonetheless. Jerry West on front. Paging Mike Lowell 25-----image

and forgive me for the .5 deduction--but also a very cool item. Maravich Rookie on back

Flatfoot...What is 1/2 of a point. Many times...it is splitting hairs between an 8.5 and 9. Those look fantastic! I remember buying packs and collecting the 1970 set back in the day growing up...and liked the tall boys cards. That is what makes this hobby so enjoyable and fun...to see cards and packs you had or opened as a kid.

I am bogged down on tax returns right now...ugh!!! But...I hope to post a few baseball cards this weekend.
    mint_only_pls
    One of my favorite cards from the 1979 Topps set on top (before and after grading):

Another one for the mini collection~'75 ROY and MVP on top:

One of the tougher years for rack packs:

Rickey on top, Morgan on back complete with original Toys-R-Us price sticker on header:

Holy moly Grote...where did you get that '80s Rack w/Rickey on top!
    mint_only_pls