Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How much interest is there at the Balto show in the gold buff proofs and special labels?

RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
For those at the Balto show, how much interest is there in the gold buff proofs being released today? Special labels are being offered from our host and ATS. How much interest does there seem to b in these?

Has the Mint sold out of today's allotment? Are there purchase limits?

Thanks for any info.
Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Comments

• Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

No quantity limit.

No line.

However, the interest is limited.
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't see a stampede over there
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    Wow.
    The ANA lable on the RP brings a $700 premium in 70 still.
    Surprised at the lack of interest. It seems like a popular series as well.
    Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I was on the line. For over one hour.
    Don't let our dealer friends fool you. I saw many dealers rolling away boxes of gold buffalos.
    Mid day you could have walked right up, however, I don't know how many coins were still available at that point......
    The US Mint should have at least two registers to check out customers next time around. What ticked many people off were the dealers buying $25k plus in gold buffs and then holding up the lines because their credit cards didn't go through......ugggghhhh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: 7over8
    Don't let our dealer friends fool you. I saw many dealers rolling away boxes of gold buffalos.
    Mid day you could have walked right up, however, I don't know how many coins were still available at that point......
    The US Mint should have at least two registers to check out customers next time around. What ticked many people off were the dealers buying $25k plus in gold buffs and then holding up the lines because their credit cards didn't go through......ugggghhhh.

Thanks Will b there tomorrow. Debating whether to play the lable game w these. Expensive game, esp. if I end up w 69s. Up on Feebay already. I'll C how they sell by tomorrow for some guidance.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each of my grandsons have a proof for their birth year. Need to buy one for the granddaughters birth years in '07, '08. That girl born in '08 scored image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is the label so sought after? Never will understand the label game. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: 7over8

I was in the PCGS line nearby. The US Mint line wasn't much longer, but in the short time I was in line I saw a couple of dealers with big boxfuls go from the Mint line directly to the PCGS line.

Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file