Home U.S. Coin Forum

1892-O Barber Quarter

oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is not one of the PCGS recognized attributed varieties of 1892-O, but it could be a "Minor Variety".

Pick-up points; OBV: Stars 1 thru 6, the ribbon and LIBERTY and IGWT.

[strike]REV: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and QUARTER DOLLAR appear to have doubling similar to the TDR of the Barber Half.[/strike]

...or maybe I am seeing things. image

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...

Comments

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely looks like a DDO- the 'D' in 'GOD' clinches it. Not sure on the reverse.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will post some close ups of the Pick-Up Points when I get to the house.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defiantly a ddo but I don't see the ddr
    New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

Here is the TrueView link http://images.pcgs.com/trueview/33580056

and a few pick-up point images;

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the fence between machine doubling and DDO.
    I called PCGS CS yesterday and the lady I talked with stated (as usual) that nothing is final until it is finalized and ready for shipping (or something to that effect) when I inquired if it was identified as a Minor Variety or not. She also stated that she could place the order on hold for further review if I needed to discuss the results. I once got a hold of someone who went over to the area in which the coins were being held for the next area and saw that it was a "Minor Variety' (1936-D San Diego Commemorative, QDO only, no RPM) on the label. Some folks will go out of their way to assist others while some will do only the minimum. I guess I will find out next week.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see split serifs on the D and W.... Cheers, RickO
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you have to have magnification like that and still have to wonder about it ...
    All glory is fleeting.
    This submission has been finalized and this quarter has been attributed as DDO (Minor Variety).

Thanks for the comments.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat coin and I see the doubling now....great pics!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file