Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Proliferation of eBay Bucks Bonus emails?

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
Holy cow. I seem to get at least one email offer a week from eBay, to earn extra Bonus eBay Bucks.

Is everyone getting these? I would think so since I'm basically a nobody.

I'm to the point I usually won't pull the trigger without having one available. Just wish there was something decent to buy.

Dave
Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, none,nada, zip, zero and zilch offers.

Signed up for all emails, promos, etc and never get one.

It's okay, I'm broke at the moment anyway!! Spent my coin money on re-piping the whole house! Set me back for a while for sure...broken water pipe under my slab...ugh.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Dave99B

Holy cow. I seem to get at least one email offer a week from eBay, to earn extra Bonus eBay Bucks.

I'm to the point I usually won't pull the trigger without having one available. Just wish there was something decent to buy.

Dave

I started a buying (vs a selling) account and am getting these there.

The other day, used it to buy a proof IHC. Was only 8% imageimage

Today, with the new offer, didn't see anything coin related right now, but there were a few things for around the house that I saw....priced about what AMZN is (a little less) but with ebay bucks, so I just pulled the trigger.

I find that I get better "deals" with the ebay bucks when I get non-coin stuff, for some reason.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received one today for 5x eBay bucks (10%).

Bought a few things, a book I've been wanting, and some coins for resale.

This is the first offer I've received in a while though.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I got one today for 20% on fashion and 10% on everything else.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Bochiman

but there were a few things for around the house that I saw....priced about what AMZN is (a little less) but with ebay bucks, so I just pulled the trigger.

I bought 3 household items on eBay this month and they all were shipped from Amazon.

People with Amazon Prime accounts are listing items from Amazon to get free shipping with their Prime accounts and drop shipping them as gifts.

They must also get some kickback because the prices are pretty much the same.

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, same here. I've been getting 2 offers repeatedly for a while, about every week now. Even a 3 day one, and more with no minimum. What's that tell us? My experience has been the more I activate the offers, whether it's used or not, the more I seem to get them. Been planning my buying around them, but I've about maxed out on funds and rewards on 2 accounts, so I hope they keep coming next quarter.
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be a tough Q1
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Boosibri
    Must be a tough Q1

eBay ruined their business themselves....
  • Options
    mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    This year I am getting them. Last year got none. Year before I got them. For me, year on then year off......
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late last year I was getting them all the time, this quarter I did not receive a single one. There is a coin that I've been waiting for a bonus bucks promo to make an offer, maybe I'll have better luck next quarter.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't received one in a couple years. Maybe I need to log into my new account more often.
    www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get em and use em and get even more. eBay is awesome. eBay customer service is the worst of any business on this planet.
  • Options
    Cool just used it again to get $100 in ebucks for a used high end digital camera.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: astrorat

Nothing.

Same here.

• Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ErrorsOnCoins eBay customer service is the worst of any business on this planet.

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Dave99B

Dave

Ebay had nearly flat sales last Quarter.. Bonus offers will flow freely for months.... I always have items in watch list waiting for Bonus offers
  • Options
    Now about that lens I need ........

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file