Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How to easily find standard issue coins from 2005-10?

For the years 2005 through 2010, the US Mint sets contained the satin finish coins. Does anyone know of a good source for easily obtaining one specimen of each regular issue (non-satin finish) coin from this time period? I am trying to avoid a time consuming or costly effort such as buying rolls, etc. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ebay
  • Options
    ebay - yes but still tedious. Was hoping to locate a dealer or someone that might have approached this problem already. Didn't see anyone obvious on ebay.
  • Options
    Bob1951Bob1951 Posts: 268 ✭✭
    Pocket change?
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    I thought they stopped the satin finish after '09. I'm prolly wrong again though . . .

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: halfhunter

I thought they stopped the satin finish after '09. I'm prolly wrong again though . . .

HH[/q

Yep went to 2010 and made a few in 2014 Halves.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people are going to be surprised how tough some of the non-matte finish coins will be in Gem for these years. There have been massive quality improvement over the years but the best specimens still come out of mint sets.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LindeDad

HH[/q

Thanks.

I haven't ordered in the last few years.

2014 satin Kennedys in mint sets only?

Were all the MS Kennedys satin?

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped ordering mint sets in 2007 (might have been 2008)....Is the OP looking for circ coins? Not sure what is being looked for here... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

HH[/q

Thanks.

I haven't ordered in the last few years.

2014 satin Kennedys in mint sets only?

Were all the MS Kennedys satin?

HH

It would surprise me to hear that there were some satin Kennedys in the mints sets.

Perhaps this was actually referring to the anniversary P&D set with relief similar to that of the obverse of 1964?

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep the Anv. sets are graded a SP by our hosts. Then you have the Silvers and finally the Business Strike. (2014)

BTW the 2005 to 2010 Business Strikes were hard to find back then and are getting harder as time passes. If one wants them they are going to have search as I know of no place that is stocking them. Banks don't even hold coins by date any more it's stock to demand.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep the Anv. sets are graded a SP by our hosts. Then you have the Silvers and finally the Business Strike. (2014)

BTW the 2005 to 2010 Business Strikes were hard to find back then and are getting harder as time passes. If one wants them they are going to have search as I know of no place that is stocking them. Banks don't even hold coins by date any more it's stock to demand.

People were taking a lot of these coins for granted back in that era and they still are today. One of my favorite coins is the Wyoming quarter because really nice specimens aren't all that common. People were saving fewer and fewer states coins and the smaller states got even less interest. While millions were set aside the incidence of Gems seems to be rather low.

The same thing applies to the dimes. Other denominations may be affected as well.

Tempus fugit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file