Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Down to the Core OGH Commems

ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I made the decision to trim the herd to maintain the WOW coins and be extremely selective for exquisite examples here on out. I used the proceeds to beef up the Early Gold Collection.

Please enjoy the photos below:

From my FUN 2016 story of the one that got away, but the buyer was nice enough to let me buy it from him.

Lovely rim toning on this one and courtesy of Stack's.

From my fellow Mainer on the forums Mike V. Great guy and very grateful
he let me have this amazing coin.

A New Rochelle with color courtesy of CRO. You don't often see these pieces anything but blast white.

A lucky ebay snag from terrible pictures that didn't even show the coin had any toning at all. No CAC at the time. Love the color.

My first major auction loss that haunted me. I was blown out of the water on this piece and she reappeared at auction a year later for 60% of the original auction price. Very nice triple die example.

A straight up monster found with a no picture listing on a very small dealer site I had never heard of. My first view of the coin was when it arrived....I was stunned.

Another Ebay gamble gone right. Very fuzzy pictures and no CAC, but I took a gamble and it paid off. Very nice pastel rainbow toning on the rims and a beautiful gold dusting on the reverse.

A sharp Hudson specimen from the Douglas C Kaselitz Collection courtesy of Stack's.

Two inseparable brothers offered to me by Gus Green at FUN. The same dealer holding the Bridgeport that nearly escaped me. Very interesting toning. We both agreed we thought the Green CAC actually looked nicer than the Gold CAC.

Hope you enjoyed!
Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file