Home Precious Metals

Ebay & RCM 10 oz Silver Bars

WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
Item #331754434878

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. That's a great price for 10 oz RCM bars. I just bought a few.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link to auction

Limit 20 per buyer

This is not a new listing, just an updated listing. Any purchases you have made in the past from this listing, even using other ebay buying accounts need to be subtracted from the limit of 20 before placing your order. Awhile back when they were $154.75 I purchased more than the then limit of 10, using both of my ebay accounts to do so. I got a warning message after the purchases from ebay that using more than one account to circumvent a seller limit violated ebay policy. The purchases were still processed and delivered by the seller.

If you have purchased from this listing in the past you will see a link for "view purchase history" while viewing the listing.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the latest serial numbers on these bars?

GrandAm :)
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some gold bars are offered on eBay at around $5 over melt with free shipping. Why are premiums so low?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

Originally posted by: Overdate

Some gold bars are offered on eBay at around $5 over melt with free shipping. Why are premiums so low?

These deals are usually "for limited time only" or "limited quantities" so I assume they are what is called a "loss leader" where they don't make any or very little profit in the hopes of gaining a new customer. There are several layers of protection when you buy through eBay using Pay Pal tied to a credit card so you don't need to worry about being defrauded.

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    I love RCM bars, but haven't gotten an 'Ebay/RCM bar' yet. Unfortunately, with MY being in Mass., and the SELLER being in Mass., I can do better buying from other sellers with free shipping (at least prices were favorable in the past when Bay has a silver special), given I've got to pay Bay that 6.75% sales tax.
    I'll come up with something.
    Originally posted by: NotSure

I love RCM bars, but haven't gotten an 'Ebay/RCM bar' yet. Unfortunately, with MY being in Mass., and the SELLER being in Mass., I can do better buying from other sellers with free shipping (at least prices were favorable in the past when Bay has a silver special), given I've got to pay Bay that 6.75% sales tax.

Are you paying eBay or Mass?image

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sales tax on bullion ? I thought the RCM and U.S. Mint charged a premium over spot. That's pretty taxing, once we add a small profit and fees from another venue like ebay.

Sellers and buyers are being separated from each other in this type of situation. Taxes are evil and not part of our heritage. Let's have a tea party in Boston. image
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PerryHall

These deals are usually "for limited time only" or "limited quantities" so I assume they are what is called a "loss leader" where they don't make any or very little profit in the hopes of gaining a new customer. There are several layers of protection when you buy through eBay using Pay Pal tied to a credit card so you don't need to worry about being defrauded.

Here are two examples of what I'm talking about. I calculate very near or even under melt if using a cash-back credit card. Lately I've been seeing frequent promotions of this type, enough that they must be affecting sales at "normal" markups.

This

and

This.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

Originally posted by: PerryHall

Here are two examples of what I'm talking about. I calculate very near or even under melt if using a cash-back credit card. Lately I've been seeing frequent promotions of this type, enough that they must be affecting sales at "normal" markups.

This

and

This.

Seller probably bought for much less back in January.

Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin
    Sales tax on bullion ? I thought the RCM and U.S. Mint charged a premium over spot. That's pretty taxing, once we add a small profit and fees from another venue like ebay.

Sellers and buyers are being separated from each other in this type of situation. Taxes are evil and not part of our heritage. Let's have a tea party in Boston. image

Premiums are not a tax, they are a markup based on demand for the particular product. Mint charges a premium over spot to offset the fabrication cost of turning raw gold into a shiny coin.

Party pooper. image
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For about the 5th time in the last 60 days..."This item is out of stock" image We shall see if it's for good or another temporary one.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Premiums are not a tax, they are a markup based on demand for the particular product. Mint charges a premium over spot to offset the fabrication cost of turning raw gold into a shiny coin.

The mint needs to buy the silver & gold on ebay, if they want to stay in business.

Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin

The mint needs to buy the silver & gold on ebay, if they want to stay in business.

???? Your statement does not compute. image
    Seller managed to locate another 500...up for grabs again, but $10 higher.
    Originally posted by: OPA

Seller managed to locate another 500...up for grabs again, but $10 higher.

It was $162.80 when I bought some a few days ago. It's now $175.15. Not sure if it continuously changes now with changes in the spot price of silver.