Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1869 France insurance company La Prévoyance token/medal by Tasset

I haven't posted pics here in a while, been kind of uninspired lately (numismatically speaking). I am preparing a new order to send in and this token/medal is too beautiful not to share/re-inspired me image

It is an 1869 France Insurance Compagnie La Prévoyance token/medal by Tasset. 36mm diameter.

Comments

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very attractive
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Very attractive and reminds one of the earlier jetons produced for commercial entities. Any idea what these things were actually used for?

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats as I too would be excited if she showed up half nude with a bushel full of coins and nice patina image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's super cool, neato and boss image .................Congrats

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, I've seen a couple of different designs from that period I quite like.
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    PCGS graded this piece. Grade just posted. MS63 image
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    Curious - what reference are they using for attribution, if any?

Very pretty jeton.
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    Originally posted by: 1960NYGiants

Curious - what reference are they using for attribution, if any?

Very pretty jeton.

1869 Jeton Gailhouste-690
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    eyecandy - thanks for showing
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic jeton! Thank you for sharing it.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is really, really pretty.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree... very pretty. I think I like your pics here more than the TrueView ;-).
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mvs7

I agree... very pretty. I think I like your pics here more than the TrueView image.

Thank you for your feedback. The jeton here is very pretty indeed. In terms of the images, Phil does a great job with coins, and I've learned a lot from how he photographs. My imaging style is a bit different than his, partially because I don't know how to capture PL surfaces very well.

When I image, I try to use a very neutral lighting style and attempt to achieve an actual in-hand appearance of the coin (good/bad/ugly)...so, as an imaging style, I try to focus much less on the "what should this image look like," and much more on "does this image look like the actual coin looks in hand if I were using a 60W lightbulb."

Anyhow, that's kind of my quick thoughts regarding images...and most of the time I prefer my images of a coin to anyone elses, but sometimes I just can't get a good image of a coin so the PCGS Secure service has become my favorite way to submit coins because I also get a TV image made by Phil image