A Numismatic Marriage

Here is a video I recorded last night. It is from our monthly Wilmington Coin Club meeting. Each month we have a presentation. Garrett is a fellow young numismatist and always gives a great presentation. I highly recommend that you watch it.

The topic is - A Numismatic Marriage- Capped Bust Images on Paper Money - I know you will enjoy it.

Garrett has won several ANA essay awards and gave this presentation up at the ANA show in Chicago.

A Numismatic Marriage -

Comments

• UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Garret is the real deal!

I watched him give this same talk at the JRCS meeting at ANA, and everyone was absolutely stunned!

You must watch it!
  • Kenny's dad here. Garrett is now 13 and has been amazing to watch in the three years I have known him. His fund of knowledge is that of a very seasoned collector plus he is a good kid. We are really fortunate to have several very passionate young numismatists in our Wilmington Coin Club. Several will be going to the ANA Summer Seminar on scholarships.

• MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    I, too, watched Garrett's presentation at the JRCS annual meeting at the 2015 ANA Summer Convention in Chicago last August. I would encourage everyone to watch this video, and marvel at Garrett's research and presentation. And remember his name, as he is a numismatic prodigy who will certainly become a leading numismatist in the future. His depth of knowledge belies his years, and his genuine interest is contagious. And as has already been said, he is a nice guy to boot.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 14,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kid is incredible. Such a bright star for the coin industry. image
  • TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    Great video. (1) Interesting. (2) I learned something.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool video
  • rickoricko Posts: 67,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great video... great kid... both of them... Cheers, RickO