Home Precious Metals
Options

16% ebay bucks, with a catch

BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
8% ebay bucks is nice, but any chance there are some gold/silver deals buried in the fashion categories? If so, 16% bonus bucks there.

Comments

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My eBay shows I get 2% in fashion. I don't know how you guys get these deals but I never get them and I signed up for them (I think). I guess I just don't do enough business or something. What am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: hchcoin

My eBay shows I get 2% in fashion. I don't know how you guys get these deals but I never get them and I signed up for them (I think). I guess I just don't do enough business or something. What am I doing wrong?

derryb has posted some advice on ensuring you are eligible for such offers. I don't have the skills to navigate the new search function to find his advice.

Could always call ebay and see if they might bump you up a notch on their offer list?
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just called eBay and talked with a nice, helpful customer service lady. She walked me through the process and also helped get me set up. We will see what happens. She also said I should now get this promotion.
  • Options
    let us know if it works! That would be cool if talking to one of their CS agents actually produces a desired result.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My buying account received one.....Used it to purchase a $100 Auto Zone G.C. that was on sale for $90 + received $7.20 in eBay bucks. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Barndog
    Originally posted by: hchcoin

derryb has posted some advice on ensuring you are eligible for such offers. I don't have the skills to navigate the new search function to find his advice.

Could always call ebay and see if they might bump you up a notch on their offer list?

To make yourself eligible to receive the random offer:

-in My Ebay click on the ACCOUNT tab.
    -in the left column click on COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES.
    -at the bottom of the page to the right of PROMOTIONS AND SURVEYS click SHOW.
    -put a check mark in the 2nd and 3rd boxes to become eligible for the bonus bucks offers.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    Anyone find any deals? Best I can find is a 2016 50.00 buff at spot after ebay bucks!
    Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 oz Philharmonic gold presently $1,265. After 8% Ebay Bucks, Credit Card 2% and Swagbucks 2% it gets down to $1,115 per ounce.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121841185635?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar