Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

No G-H (pcgs 30th retro holders)

stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 15, 2017 12:59PM in U.S. Coin Forum
No G-H

new old green holder

since the 30th anniversary green label holders are here, i propose this term for them.

this is a thread for people to show off their coins in these holders. post away!

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any....why pay extra for a label???
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one of many UBER MEGA HIGH END pieces that Kagins is offering now...all in NGH Secure slabs...pretty cool use of the NGH I think. image

• Options
    Took awhile to find this one and thought the label looks great.

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen these 30th anniversary green labels. I like them.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool! I just got a doily remake.
  • Options

Just got back...
  • Options
    Originally posted by: asheland

post it

• Options

so, did you get your retro holders done before the Jan 31st cutoff?

i just got these back today.

c'mon people...post more retro holders!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there now (or will there be) a premium for these labels? Of course... :/ Cheers, RickO

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the cut off was the end of 2016, but I guess one extra month doesn't hurt anyone too much :)

I thought the labels were fun and I had a few orders done with them. Don't think they added much, if any, premium to the coins though.

The only exception to that was the special dual holder sample slabs I had made up last year using these labels... they were pretty fun and came out looking really great!

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2017 7:13AM

I have a few different holder/label insert generations within my collection, but I am not going out of my way and pay extra for one of these 30th Anniversary ones.> @steveben said:

post it

May be referring to the "retro doily" a few years ago

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

@ricko said:
    Is there now (or will there be) a premium for these labels? Of course... :/ Cheers, RickO

only if you like green is there a premium. but with the ricko discount it comes out a wash

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steveben said:

post it

I just now see this request and I am afraid it was one of the few silver eagle coins that developed milk spots a few months after I got it. I sold it a month ago or so.

Sorry, I would have posted it had I seen this in time. :(

• Options

@asheland said:

@steveben said:

post it

I just now see this request and I am afraid it was one of the few silver eagle coins that developed milk spots a few months after I got it. I sold it a month ago or so.

Sorry, I would have posted it had I seen this in time. :(

milk spots? that's a bummer.

• Options
    edited February 15, 2017 10:35AM

@steveben said:

@ricko said:

only if you like green is there a premium. but with the ricko discount it comes out a wash

seriously though...i don't believe it's worth more than the $4 or whatever they charged to get one. some believe it's not worth that much even. so, the premium (if any) is small.

i think some coins look really nice with the green colored label, especially gold coins. however, a lousy coin is still lousy looking even with a nice looking holder. let's face it.

• Options

@illini420 that dual holder is cool. i like what you put together. my son and i have some pandas submitted for dual holders. i hope to get them back any day. we're putting a 50yn gold (mine) with a 10yn silver(his) of the same year...we have 38 coins (various dates) in the sub...19 dual slabs!

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are mine, most were done when I sent them in raw for grading and a few for reholder. I did use the special and the cost was cheap to re holder a few and have them true-viewed. This is my Box of Twenty Varieties..

Enjoy Tom

https://pcgs.com/SetRegistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

that's a great set idea. the presentation is awesome.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file