Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Submission back from ATS with pics

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
From that collection of crowns I've been going through for the last month.

Four of the highlights:

1840 East India (B&C) Rupee (MS62)

1862 (C) Rupee (MS65):

1903 Rajasthani Jaipur rupee (MS61):

1936 Tibet 3 Srang (MS64):

Love the fields on the '62:

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Love the India and Tibet coins image
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Superb, especially the 1862 Vicky... image
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    Another shot of Vicky...

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    That 1862 looks amazing!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: JCMhouston

That 1862 looks amazing!

Indeed. I think that may just be the most pristine Victoria rupee I've seen.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Thank you, Gentlemen!

I knew this collector had a good eye. But when I pulled this 2x2 up out of the long narrow flip box my eyes bugged out. At first I thought it was a Gothic piece, but that was pretty far out of the scope of this collection.

My second thought was "No way". You just don't see pieces that clean. Love the detail on her tunic.

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic! I love the Tibet example.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All are awesome examples!
  • Options
    Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭
    Love those rupees.
    Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭

That 1862 looks amazing!

Agreed! Legend says, that the British troops in Cyprus were first paid with 1862 Indian rupees. Clearly, this superb example wasn't among them.image

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Originally posted by: SYRACUSIAN
    That 1862 looks amazing!

Agreed! Legend says, that the British troops in Cyprus were first paid with 1862 Indian rupees. Clearly, this superb example wasn't among them.image

There are many pictures online of Calcutta in the 1860s--including the aftermath of a huge cyclone which struck. It's amazing that a piece with devices and surfaces as fragile as this could survive in that environment, let alone the 8,000 mile journey from there to here in the middle of the United States.

Now the only problem is how do I price it?
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    $5, then sell it to me. image
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    Wow lovely coins and all in superb condition.
  • Options
    Three final pieces from this submission. Two were from my own personal "Box of 20" that hadn't been graded yet. The white pecks on the Icelandic piece are dust--it's so dark I couldn't get a good shot no matter how many times I blew it off or dusted it. It graded MS63 (I think it's at least a 64, but what can you do?):

And the aforementioned German 10 Euro piece with the Bauhaus emblem:

And the last piece from that collection of crowns. 1956 Egyptian 50 Piastre. It's an historically important piece representing Egypt's "victory" at Suez and the end of British global domination by some accounts. But the design is really beautiful, too. Unfortunately it's a 62 with the typical contact marks for the grade. But it's a lusterbomb:

--Severian the Lame