Home Metal Detecting

177? King George Irish Half Penny

https://youtu.be/eVe79K-kqOA

Hey everyone found this while detecting out near Massachusetts so check it out.

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no way that was found on a beach, unless it was dropped the day before. It's way too well preserved. Copper doesn't look like that when it comes out of the ground, let alone a salt water beach environment.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Surface and color sure look nice for an old salt water beach copper find.
    Could you post some pictures? It's a bit hard to see the coin in your video.

Edited to add: I got curious and noticed a post you made in the US coin forum of gold coins, in which you claim three(!) of them ($2.5 indian and two 1850's gold $1) were found metal detecting, in a cache.
    Given the extreme rarity of such a find, I sure would have led with posting those here, instead of a George III halfpenny. I also have issues with the appearance (and inconsistency thereof) of those gold coins. I see you claimed on another video (and in posts on T.Net) that it was a 167 coin cache that also contained plenty of silver and copper, ranging from large cents and seated coins to wheat cents.

Sorry to sound negative, but I'm suspicious to say the least. It really looked more like a coin collection than a dug cache.
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    For future videos, turn the camera 90 degrees so the video expands. Also, keep the camera still and try to focus. Another thing is taking the coin out of the reflective holder. Kind of reminds me of those bigfoot or UFO videos where nothing ever seems to be focused.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been following these posted videos here and on the U.S. coin forum... and like Zot,

I have a growing suspicion that all is not right.... Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats a beach find?
  • Thank you all for the wonderful comments!
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Jolteon
    Thank you all for the wonderful comments!

Where ARE the 'wonderful comments'???
    I'll come up with something.
  • ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    I might as well post this as the thread is already at the top.

Jolteon, if you want to make big bucks off youtube I'm afraid you'll need to rethink everything.
    This kind of niche subject matter, that video quality, your strategy for generating traffic, etc. will generate peanuts not worth anyone's time.
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with zot. Some really good detecting videos have a couple thousand views which I don't even think will earn you enough money for a school lunch. You have to find a topic and/or personality that'll click with the masses and not us coin nerds