Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1966 SMS Half possible error with pics

image 1966 SMS Half. I believe this to be struck thru ? The Obv. shows no sign of this. So, that makes me wonder.
I don't know if I will spend the roughly $100. to get this in an error holder. Are these in demand ? I'm not currently collecting error coins. But I do like semi rare coins. Anyone know about these ? Sorry the images aren't the greatest. Thank You in advance for your Info. and time.

Comments

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: NiceGuyEddie

1966 SMS Half. I believe this to be struck thru ? The Obv. shows no sign of this. So, that makes me wonder.

I don't know if I will spend the roughly $100. to get this in an error holder. Are these in demand ? I'm not currently collecting error coins. But I do like semi rare coins. Anyone know about these ? Sorry the images aren't the greatest. Thank You in advance for your Info. and time.

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    It is now in a readable format. The pictures are not great, but I do see the area I think you are talking about on the reverse (throughout the word UNITED). It is really cool, and yes, it is worth a premium, but more so since it is an SMS coin. However, any premium would be washed away with the grading fee. I would stick it in a 2x2 and keep it in the collection. Or, if you wanna sell it, take better pictures and list it that way. You'll net more dollars that way rather than having it graded first.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree,

don't waste time holdering. has to go thru error, and fee's are much higher. Customer had exact same coin as this and had me submit it , so he could sell it on ebay. I don't think he even cleared the grading costs when it sold. And his graded out a 66
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a Cameo? From the picture and it's angle, It certainly does look like the highly sought after Cameo SMS?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    No, on the Cameo. Its the lighting and angle. I have taken better pics and I'm listing this coin on ebay. Thank you everyone
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An interesting find in an SMS..... Thanks for showing us...Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file