Home Metal Detecting
Options

Bloopers and Disappoinements Video

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
Over the years I've accumulated some videos depicting finds that weren't what I was hoping for. It's all part of the process of getting the real good keepers on video. Now this won't win any awards, but it's slightly amusing and shows some of the other stuff that happens behind the scenes that really doesn't get shown.

Now you may think that some of these aren't too bad. Like the first older button. But it was actually SUPPOSED TO BE a large cent! The wheats were also supposed to be large cents! And the jewelry turned out to be junk, even if it initially looked good.

Trying to pass the winter boredom. HH all!

P.S. just noticed the title of the video has a misspelling. Left it because it was fitting to have an error on such a video.

Video Here

Comments

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of pinpointer are you using? It looks longer and skinnier than is typical.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    It's a DetectorPro Pistol Probe. It has superb depth, arguably the deepest out there. But I'm on my second one, and will soon need a third. Here's what I find can be improved:

1) The Holster - the buckle loop becomes detached from the holster after some use

2) It's not waterproof. Several of the new pinpointers from Whites and Garrett are 10ft waterproof

3) The pinpoint button wears down and splits after a while. It's currently sticking sometimes, which I feel is draining the battery

4) The battery latch is held together by a screw. So if the battery dies in the field, you need a screwdriver on you. Or at least a key or knife to get it open.

5) The other exposed screws rust

There are other complaints about it being awkward to use. I don't think so. It's a good size, and it works easily. I don't think it needs any fancy lights or any of that.

What I do like about it

1) Depth

2) You can adjust the frequency if there's interference

3) Customer service. The barrel broke on this current one. Sent it back under warranty and they repaired it quickly, and professionally, and sent it back in a timely fashion

With all this being said, I ordered a White's TRX pinpointer a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to use it yet in the field, but after watching videos online, seems like a decent unit. Will report back on its performance when the opportunity arises.
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    The jewelry: oh man.... did that feel familiar or what!
    That "gold" chain must have hurt! I guess it went something like:

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Duration of said phases varies by potential magnitude of find and its degree of deceptiveness!
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great video..... we all have had those things happen...thanks..Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched your vid on the pocket spill with the Barber half and SLQ. You suck! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.