Home Precious Metals
Options

What can you do if

A long time friend called me tonight and and said he placed a order at a B&M shop in August for 220 ounces of silver (Paid)and the dealer keeps putting him off, he is being told there is a shortage.

So who can he call or what can he do?

Thanks Randy
Randy Conway

Www.killermarbles.com

Www.suncitycoin.com

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Topdollarpaid
    A long time friend called me tonight and and said he placed a order at a B&M shop in August for 220 ounces of silver (Paid)and the dealer keeps putting him off, he is being told there is a shortage.

Thanks Randy

Demand a refund and talk to local police about theft charges.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Randy

There is no shortage. The APs are still selling 2015 ASEs.
  • Options
    TopdollarpaidTopdollarpaid Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN

Thanks Randy

There is no shortage. The APs are still selling 2015 ASEs.

I know there is no shortage

It seems like there should be a better place to call than the police ? Maybe the federal trade commission?
    Randy Conway

Www.killermarbles.com

Www.suncitycoin.com
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paid cash or check?

Does he have receipt?

I'd go demand my money back. Someone is playing with his money to either rip him off, or hope that prices tank so they can buy much cheaper and then get to him.

I agree with Derry....demand the refund and involve the cops if it isn't immediate. Don't take a check. Get the cash....local B&M here has bank on same block they use....I would walk over with them.

I would want to make sure the check is valid and good as cash immediately.

This just sounds bad for your friend.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7+ months?? The buyer should have demanded delivery or refund after 7 days tops. That is ridiculous on both sides.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Randy

Your friend needs to give this dealer a deadline to get him his silver or refund his money. He should tell this dealer that his next step will be to get the police involved and then sue him.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    I'd start by sending a demand letter via registered mail demanding an immediate refund in good funds (wire/bank issued cashiers check).

Then I'd call the local police department , Better Business Bureau and Department of Commerce of the state the transaction was in. I suggest the Department of Commerce because if he is doing this to you, they may have complaints from others. Here in MN the Department of Commerce has teeth.

If no action, I think he need to contact an attorney about suing the guy. Actually, having an attorney write the demand letter isn't such a bad idea either.

Sorry your friend is having to deal with this.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    Lawyers are expensive. I wonder if small claims court would be a good option assuming of course that the value of this transaction is within the dollar threshold of your local small claims court.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing... I would never have let this go for that long.... he is being scammed/conned

and taken for a ride. Get the law involved. Go there with the police and demand your money back. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Nothing mentioned about having the receipt to show proof of purchase.

Lacking that, if the dealer is unscrupulous, it could be very difficult for the "friend".

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Originally posted by: Bochiman

Lacking that, if the dealer is unscrupulous, it could be very difficult for the "friend".

Wouldn't a cancelled check be as good as a receipt?

• Options
    Originally posted by: PerryHall

Originally posted by: Bochiman

Wouldn't a cancelled check be as good as a receipt?

One would think, but, where's the proof of what the check was for and that it wasn't received?

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember right he can only hold funds for 30(or 60 or 90) days without delivering a bullion product. Here at our shop if we cant guarantee delivery within so long we refund the payment.