Home Precious Metals
Options

So are we being fooled by this action?

Silver Spot reaches $15 today on nothing, no credible news or justified reaction to anything that is public anyway. Up from a recent low of what was it, $13.50?

If all the other things that have happened that should caused it to go up, but actually made it go down, haven't moved it...what is happening now?

Personally, I think it's a head fake and I'd rather buy when it's $17 and still showing signs of moving upward than now.
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver (and gold) are reacting to dollar action. Dollar is reacting to various world wide actions and perceptions. Nothing has changed, only the direction. Will it hold? Probably not.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on how large a position that you intend to take. I see nothing risky about buying some pms here, unless you're doing it on margin. Then of course it's extremely risky and has nothing to do with the physical metals.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: derryb

Silver (and gold) are reacting to dollar action. Dollar is reacting to various world wide actions and perceptions. Nothing has changed, only the direction. Will it hold? Probably not.

I agree for the most part...but the dollar has changed recently before causing downward silver direction. Now it's causing it to go up? When it was causing it to go down, were we saying it's causing it to go down?

Not being a jerk about it, I just think there's no rhyme or reason that the general public is going to know about it at the time of movement happening. All anyone can do is react.

A person can say they were being proactive buying at lower levels, but again, that's all in hindsight and having a little luck of actually going the direction currently, actively being played. If you are buying and it keeps going down, that's called cost averaging...not being proactive lol.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    dollar down, metals up. dollar up, metals down. The song remains the same.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

It sure seems that way 80% of the time. PM's need to uncouple from the dollar before we see a different scenario.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep you arms inside the ride at all times. Don't stand up and don't rock.

Toss your greed out before boarding and be prepared for wild moves.

This isn't going to be pretty so just try to keep your own lunch down.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: OPA

It sure seems that way 80% of the time. PM's need to uncouple from the dollar before we see a different scenario.

They won't, they are the anti-dollar. I can't see any prolonged strength in both at the same time when in reality they are competing against each other. I can't imagine a scenario where they aren't.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

They won't, they are the anti-dollar. I can't see any prolonged strength in both at the same time when in reality they are competing against each other. I can't imagine a scenario where they aren't.

The markets have made it abundantly clear to the FED that there will be no rate increases.

This will put a lot of stress on bonds.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I watch part one of Madoff last night. Tonight the finally, makes me wanna cash out buy more Au.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No mystery as others have stated. Dollar is getting pounded. Metals follow. Look at the last time the dollar was at its current levels back in the middle of Oct. Now look at where gold and silver where at in the same moment in time. That's the news. Metals are melting up

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Originally posted by: cladking

The markets have made it abundantly clear to the FED that there will be no rate increases.

Bonds are getting B-slapped

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    $15 silver put a smile on my face.....$17 could be orgasmic image
  • Options
    Originally posted by: chumley

$15 silver put a smile on my face.....$17 could be orgasmic image

$17 may blow the helmet off your head

mark
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman
    Originally posted by: cladking

Bonds are getting B-slapped

mark

It becomes a threesome when you throw bonds in the mix. Normally, bonds are the selected alternative to weak equities. Weak equities, a weak dollar and investors not running to bonds gives a very positive scenario for metals.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw this before. Gave away an ounce of silver (Bochiman and another ) in a Guess the day (Nov. 2007) silver would hit $15. It only took about 27 years. image

In that contest, he got nearly and ounce of Mercury dimes for his son, as I recall. Shipped them from Canada. And for those with better memories stretching back to the Carter years…, who can forget 1980 ? It's not a big deal at $20, $15, or $10. It's a big deal at $50.