Home Metal Detecting

January---2016---Totals

Cents-----13,
Nickels----0,
Dimes-----2,
Quarters---0

I hunted on some frozen wood chips around some playground equipment. Just had to try it. image

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... at least you had some finds.... and for this time of year, that is great.

Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not get the jump on everyone else. image
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    cents........18

nickels.......4

dimes.......11

quarters....10

Total.... $3.98

I too hunted the frozen woodchips....twice. image
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dock have you started finding the hockey pucks or has there been enough ice this year?
    It was 61 here today. No snow, no ice, no puck hunt this year.
  • Originally posted by: pocketpiececommems
    Cents-----13,
    Nickels----0,
    Dimes-----2,
    Quarters---0

I hunted on some frozen wood chips around some playground equipment. Just had to try it. image

Maybe you already do it. You should try to fill Dansco albums or Whitman folders of your metal detector finds. It would be interesting how complete you can make various sets with metal detecting finds.

Also, you should contact PCGS and ask if they can attribute submitted coins as "Metal Detector Finds" on slabs. Hey, maybe someone would want their metal detector finds encased in a plastic slab.

I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
    Originally posted by: Hydrant

I take it this is evolving into a competitive event. What's the cutoff date? How do we know people are telling the truth? And most important, what's the prize? Somebody needs to organize this whole thing. I nominate TigerFan2. I also suggest that any coins found in or around a place of worship don't count. That's sacrilegious and we don't need that (TigerFan2?). I'm in.

Several of us have been posting our total finds by calender month. Your totally on your honor.(Whats the point of fake totals?) We used to give out small banners you could post on your signature line but that faded out years ago. Your welcome to post your totals.....or not.

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    My January totals:

Cents-----897

Nickels----234

Dimes-----653

Quarters---933

Oh wait... Hydrant is on to me! Scratch the above totals for Jan.

As Dock said, no competition here, just posting our finds (and congrats on your 1000th post Dock!). I remember a few years ago the monthly contests for best jewelry, best relic, etc. IIRC, it was a lot of work for whoever did it.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Lord Marcovan used to run that thread... yes, it was a lot of work. We operate on

the honor system here... and the members are highly honorable. Cheers, RickO
    Originally posted by: pcgs69

As Dock said, no competition here, just posting our finds (and congrats on your 1000th post Dock!).

Thanks. I did notice the 1000 and was going to make a post about it but that would have made it 1001 and I wanted to savor the moment.

• UMCaneUMCane Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    Cents....11 (1 wheat)
    Nickels....0
    Dimes....1
    Quarters....6

Total...18 coins
    3 short trips

"Just because you were born on 3rd base doesn't mean you hit a triple"

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TigersFan2--Probably the only metal detecting coin find that I would consider slabing would be a 1914-D cent that I found at a one room site. It would come back with an environmental damage designation.