Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Stupid Question. How do you leave a space between lines on this new forum software?

shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
The "help" function wasn't much.

Comments

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you mean a line break...

...like this?

I am forced to use HTML tags to format my messages.

<_br_> (without the underscores) will give you a line BReak. Putting in two will put in two, giving you your space between lines.

<_p_> (without the underscores) will give you a new paragraph. Technically, you should end the paragraph with a slash-p (which keeps getting interpreted, so I can't show an example), though most HTML interpreters are pretty lax about the standards, and will cancel the previous paragraph when encountering a new one.

I'm not sure how far you can push the HTML envelope here, like injecting your own CSS to format your message. One day I'll have to go testing stuff in the test forum... image</_p_></_br_>
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a MAC Computer.

I hit the return button twice.

I "LIKE" MAC.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could also be a browser issue.

I had Explorer and had no paragraphs.

Then I changed to Google Chrome and voila!!...the paragraphs are here to stay.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem for me.... I use Google Chrome... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Win7 IE11...no problems

Win7 Firefox...no problems (with CU)
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just double return after each line

Return

Return

It gives a space between each line.

If I hit return 2x after each letter

R

E

T

U

R

N

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: GRANDAM
    I have a MAC Computer.

I hit the return button twice.

I "LIKE" MAC.

All about shortcuts.

LOL
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also seems to depend on if you post on the Quick Reply, vs- hitting Reply after someone's post, and also if
    you edit a post later.
    Quick reply seems to allow spaces by hitting Enter, the other does not (if you are using Windows 10, sounds like Google Chrome is the
    way to go).
    But if you go back to a previous post you made and edit it, the formatting done in Quick Reply gets lost.
    You can restore it by using the <-br-> someone posted above....I just tried it and it works.

</-br->
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm

not

sure

but

my

(enter)

key

seems

to

work.