Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The safest safe is one that can not be found !!!

CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats pretty good, i like image
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭
    That looks to be an upstairs room. I wonder how heavy of a safe an upstairs floor could safely support.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is ultra cool. But, I checked the GPS coordinates of the PHOTO and it showed the location of that house ....... image
  • Options
    DaveWcoinsDaveWcoins Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    So cool.

I had the theme from a "James Bond" movie running through my head when looking at the images.

Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic! I love it!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ""I checked the GPS coordinates of the PHOTO and it showed the location of that house .......""

You so full of it.........................

• Options
    The wear on the wood floor gives it away. (I think that's from a Sherlock Holmes movie)

Successful transactions with Schmitz7, Bigbuck1975, chumley, CCHunter, Smittys, Gerard, Tookybandit, MorganMan94, LogPotato, coinlieutenant, GoldCoin98, pcgs69, Kccoin, ajaan, JBN, BLee23,....

• Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By Murphy's Law, the burglars will decide to break into the house by cutting a hole in the wall from the outside with a circle saw.... and they'll pick that exact side of the house.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    I don't see a safe. image
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    watch the footprints on the floor
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The detached trim sitting above the book case and the gap above the floor could raise some questions. Some thieves would just attempt to tip over the book case....and then what? It's also possible a thief would notice that large space not being used for an upstairs room or ceiling. Probably 50-50 of being found out during a day time break in.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no safe will help if a homeowner doesn't take the time to improve the outside of their home

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought it would be cool to have something like that.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I need one of those that connects to the underground tunnel so I can escape like El Chapo.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same idea.........

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bookcase is a dead give away. Who has books anymore? image
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That room, as equipped, has a lot less to do with protecting valuables than it does for surfing the number one internet industry away from your wives.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    deefree49deefree49 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    Well I like it. Reminds me of an old movie.
    Lincoln coin lover, especially Matte Proofs
  • Options
    unclebobunclebob Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    Where there is a will, there is a way. I had two roomates that were starting with Bank of America in the early 1990's. They told me that if I ever needed to rob a bank, they had the perfect one. The bank vault at a certain branch lacked a secure top, so anyone with the means to hack into the roof could have easy access to the vault and the SDB's. It makes me wonder how many other bank have this flaw.
  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super hideaway.
    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plot twist: The safe is actually the chair.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice man cave.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show a person a perfect diamond and they will find a flaw.
  • Options
    everything has a flaw but if one knows the flaw they can correct the flaw before it becomes a major problem

safes are great but rendered useless cause of the homeowner forgetting one major detail

can you all name that detail?

• Options
    TrazTraz Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: silverpop

everything has a flaw but if one knows the flaw they can correct the flaw before it becomes a major problem

safes are great but rendered useless cause of the homeowner forgetting one major detail

Telling people you have one.

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Traz

Telling people you have one.

+1 the big mouth.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice .... easy to suggest issues.... however, in a home burglary, it is highly unlikely

that it would be discovered. Those are 'usually' done quickly - in and out. Not always, of course,

but even with more time, it would probably be overlooked. In this case, the room is the safe.

Also, a well built home will easily accommodate a safe on the second floor. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leaving the safe unlocked.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. image
  • Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: habaraca
    ""I checked the GPS coordinates of the PHOTO and it showed the location of that house .......""

You so full of it.........................

Certain sites wipe the meta data of a picture (IMGUR I know does), but there are definitely elements that can be used to track down a location of a picture, especially with a smart phone and just posting a picture without first putting it on a hosting site that wipes the meta data....See here.
  • Options
    This is awesome. I definitely want a hidden room in our next home and the wife knows it.

Just don't use carpet that shows footprints or better yet have hard wood floors. Nothing will be worse than your footprints walking into a book shelf and giving away your nice, expensive hidden room.
  • Options
    do you all have the stats on how many of these safes have been hit or how many homes have them?

or what % of crooks know about them?

let' see the facts here people

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file