Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Abe Vigoda died. Post your Shriver commems

messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
After long cheating rumors of his demise, Abe Vigoda passed away today. He was 94, and could have been the model for that train wreck of a coin.

Comments

• Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    It's not considered proper to make light of anyone's demise, but that comment about Abe Vigoda being the model for the Shriver commem really cracked me up.

My condolences to the Vigoda family.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what a bummer. im sorry to hear that. i remember him best on his role in the godfather. just saying
  • Options
    He'll always be Fish, to me. He was a great "sad clown" comedic actor in that role. RIP, Fish.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? Abe Vigoda was still alive? I had no idea.

He must've been what, 180 or so?

Herman Wouk is still alive, I think.

The captain of the German U-boat that sank two ships here in 1942 is still alive at 103+. Only 25% of those guys survived the war.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly about 2 years ago Abe was presented to me to appear at a grand opening of my newest location...

but sadly the timing didnt work out....oh well would have been a interesting photo op... RIP
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: messydesk

He'll always be Fish, to me. He was a great "sad clown" comedic actor in that role. RIP, Fish.

Remember the episode when he ate some of the hash brownies that Wojo's girlfriend gave him?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lordmarcovan

What? Abe Vigoda was still alive? I had no idea.

He must've been what, 180 or so?

Herman Wouk is still alive, I think.

The captain of the German U-boat that sank two ships here in 1942 is still alive at 103+. Only 25% of those guys survived the war.

I used to know a retired U-boat Captain. He belonged to the Shelby County Coin Club in Sidney, OH when I was there.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's about 100X more attractive than Shriver, that's for sure! I was surprised to learn from today's articles that he was living just a short distance from me.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    Abe Vigoda died. DON'T post your Shriver commems

There, I fixed the title for ya!

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Tell Mike it was only business."

"Tom, can you get me off the hook? For old times sake?"

"Can't do it Sally."
  • Options
    Originally posted by: CaptHenway

Originally posted by: messydesk

Remember the episode when he ate some of the hash brownies that Wojo's girlfriend gave him?

Yes. That was awesome!

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought this looked like Abe:

Manley medal.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    LOL.... Notice nobody posted a Shriver... Thankfully. image

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    I remember when Dave Letterman put a mirror under his nose to see if he was still breathing....and that had to be at least 10 years ago.

My dad was a NY cop for 35 years. Out of all the police shows on TV over the years, he said the one that came closest to real life was Barney Miller.

My condolences to the Vigoda family.

Must...resist...lame joke about Fish sleeping with the fishes....

merse

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP ( a numismatic term, sort of like a "you suck", for believers)
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad.... he was really great... and I totally agree with CaptHenway, the show

where they all ate hash brownies (it was titled 'Hash') was hilarious... I watched it

again last night on youtube when I read of Abe's death.

My condolences to his family....RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file