Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

sold

1913-P T23 PCGS64: $150. I'm not going to be able to do any better than the seller's images. On the reverse, the image captures all there is to capture with regards to color, and once in hand, you also note that the image captures clashing at EPU and below the buffalo's belly, near the hind leg. What isn't apparent in the image is a strong clash above the buffalo's neck, a 'spiked neck' if you will. I find the obverse nicer in hand than the image reflects: the brownish toning is really rust/sunset color, and the rest of the surfaces have a subtle violet tone to them that is not readily apparent in the image. The hair details are a bit more deeply impressed than the image would suggest, while the assorted ticks are much less bothersome in hand. Overall, enough color and clash to give this piece some character IMO.

1927-P PCGS65: $225 Beautiful even golden toning throughout with a patch of violet on the central obverse gives this one outstanding eye appeal. Luster, strike and lack of ticks make it all there for a 65. I was sure this was my 'forever' coin until I was able to get a super nice toner into PCGS plastic.

1928-D PCGS64. $150 Just an insane strike for a 28-D. Check out the braid details and the fullness of the mane on the buffalo. Very early die state to boot. You just don't see them like this short of loftier grades. Luster on this piece it outstanding as well, what you would expect to see next-grade-up. The grade is a real head scratcher to the naked eye, it is only once under the loupe and at certain angles do some carbon spots and a hit on the reverse leg make you think the grade of 64 makes any sense at all. Still a super PQ piece that I thought was going to be my forever coin until I upgraded to a rainbow toned 65.

1937-D PCGS64. $70. Super nice concentric toning throughout the obverse fields, it has the look of what you would see on retailer/coin show marketing material. Orange/gold/green/purple bands over nice original surfaces. Reverse is more typical of what you would see for a 64, but with a touch of the same spectrum of colors around the buffalo's head.

Comments