Home Precious Metals
Options

GIVEAWAY!

derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
Free, delivered raw 1963 Franklin half dollar to the forum member who posts a photo in this thread of the lowest serial number on a promo ebay/RCM 10 oz. silver bar. Photo must include handwritten name of member's forum ID to ensure authenticity.

Contest ends midnight EST Feb. 8. Other prize donors are encouraged to join in.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimage
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in...Thanks!
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The special ebay PM's appear to have sold out, as there are none currently available for sale.

The listing for RCM silver bars indicate: 0 available / 6,010 sold

The bar I received today has a serial # in the 7000 - 8000 range.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... that gives me 1 out of 6010 chances to win!!
    ----- kj
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it appears to me that they are shipping these bars starting from the highest serial number and working their way down.

I picked up my bars today and they are all in the low 9,0000 numbers.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    I rec'd my bars on Sat. in the 6k and 7k range and bought bar 30 something and 900 range.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many did they make?
  • Options
    I got 3 today...have 5 more coming tomorrow. The 3 I got today have slightly lower numbers that the one pictured here so far. I agree with the assessment that they are starting high and moving lower for later orders. Can't blame them as it's just bullion but for this giveaway, it may be the last order received before Feb 8th that wins the contest image
  • Options
    They did not say. But with what's sold and with what's left, that's 7010. A 8000 bar has shown up so at least that many. Maybe 9k? Bar 000001 was held back BPM told me. Maybe ebay/BPM kept the first so many to pass out to employees and they have another batch to add to inventory.

BPM President stated that other metals and sizes were a possibility in the future.

Originally posted by: thebigeng
    How many did they make?

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got my eBay bars. Serial numbers are in the 9000 range so I guess I'm out of the running. Oh, well. At least I got my silver bars unlike a lot of people who recently bought from Bullion Direct.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rec'd 4 numbered closer to 10,000 than 00000
  • Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Picture did not come out well, then was ready with lighting and batts. died...GRRRRRR.

SN is 6584, will try again tomorrow.
  • Options

My lowest was in the 71xx range so I'll just post a pic of my new 8-pack instead. Thanks to OP in the US coins forum for starting the thread that showed these were for sale! Thanks also to OP here for running a cool giveaway contest image
  • Options

I just noticed rules state note must be handwritten. If I get close to winning I'll change the pic. Hard to think that this is the lowest bar so far. I was hoping to get a under 100 bar. Bought around the 34th. Ordered again at 900 and rec'd 7733 I think it is. Think I'll order again.
  • Options
    totally acceptable pic Ryan

• Options
    Originally posted by: derryb
    totally acceptable pic Ryan

Ok thanks. Looking at other boards, surprised I have not heard of any low numbers yet.

• Options
    low numbers still sitting in boxes at RCM. As they struck them they stacked them. Last struck on the top of the pile.

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    low numbers still sitting in boxes at RCM. As they struck them they stacked them. Last struck on the top of the pile.

Unless they made 1 stack approximately 10,000 bars tall, that doesn't make any sense. If they stacked them in more reasonable piles as they went, we should see more randomness than just bars over 6,000. This requires some intentional choices of which bars to send out first. We also see enough diversity in the numbers to predict that they are allocating them into shipping groups which they can then choose randomly from.
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: CuKevin

Unless they made 1 stack approximately 10,000 bars tall, that doesn't make any sense. If they stacked them in more reasonable piles as they went, we should see more randomness than just bars over 6,000. This requires some intentional choices of which bars to send out first. We also see enough diversity in the numbers to predict that they are allocating them into shipping groups which they can then choose randomly from.

maybe they put 50 into a box, and then stacked the boxes while putting 80 boxes on a pallet, and then stacked the pallets....
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: davewesen

maybe they put 50 into a box, and then stacked the boxes while putting 80 boxes on a pallet, and then stacked the pallets....

This is much more likely. It would also explain why we are seeing such a distribution of numbers but all greater than approx. 6,000.
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Originally posted by: davewesen

This is much more likely. It would also explain why we are seeing such a distribution of numbers but all greater than approx. 6,000.

Likely the first grouping either put away (gifts, specials, whatnot....since they already removed 000001).

I was also thinking the "stacking" as above......they come off the line, go into boxes, boxes go into storage/onto pallets, get put in back. Next one comes and goes just in front of the earlier one. Rinse and repeat. Maybe the very last ones were put into an additional stack (say, double or triple stacked) and haven't been gotten to yet?

Anyway, it's reasonable that no really low numbers have been sent out yet if they do it LIFO style.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we assume the " first ever " batch will be numbered eb000000 to eb999999 ? Just one shy of a million 10 ounce bars image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's why people haven't been receiving low serial numbers.....they have been holding them back and want more $$$ for them...

54AAOSwKtlWotcs">ebay link

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Bochiman
    Here's why people haven't been receiving low serial numbers.....they have been holding them back and want more $$$ for them...

Anyone can list an item for what they feel it's worth, but getting the price, is another story. So far, no fool has purchased one at his asking price. In addition, I don't consider those low numbered bars.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    My number is 3762 and I was towards the end of ordering (1/21) although they did list more after I bought.
  • Options

They have feedback as a buyer from baypreciousmetals. I suspect they bought many and just got them.
  • Options
    I can assure you that is not the case. This was BPM's idea to get ebay/RCM together and they are the only ones selling these direct. They are a huge company that does major volume and are not messing around with stunts like that. The previous poster hit the nail on the head that anyone else selling them rec'd them from BPM. Minus the first bar (confirmed by BPM) that was held back and possibly more (in my opinion).

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    I just got 2942 today. Pic to follow soon.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    getting lower
  • Options
    # 1465....

photo DSCN1116_zpshpy4xch4.jpg
  • Options
    wow. Nice score!

• Options
    I figured some more would be delivered today and a new leader emerge...
  • Options
    OPA takes the prize. PM me a mailing address.

• Options
    OPA takes the prize. PM me a mailing address.

It's not often that I win in anything...Thanks again.image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, OPA! Class Act, derryb!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.