This lady arrived today: 1869 Colombia Peso MEDELLIN

Thought I'd share...

Comments

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. I like it MB.
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it a circulated pattern? A copper Peso? It even says 0.900 fine but doesn't appear to be silver.

Anyway, nice coin.
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    It's silver but has the grayish bluish tint to it with really nice underlying luster. It has a lot of eye appeal in hand. Doesn't look like it has ever been messed with, which is shocking. It's in an NGC AU55 holder certainly has more detail than my current PCGS AU53. I'll post that picture later but the two coins are very different and probably come from different dies.

This die was probably made by a guy drinking too much rum image check out the date LOL
  • Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I'm surprised to hear that this coin is NOT copper.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice piece.

Medellín (not "Medallin") would be the mint city, as you may know. Once the "most violent city in the world" during Pablo Escobar's reign as a drug cartel kingpin. Hopefully a slightly more peaceful place now.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: lordmarcovan

Nice piece.

Medellín (not "Medallin") would be the mint city, as you may know. Once the "most violent city in the world" during Pablo Escobar's reign as a drug cartel kingpin. Hopefully a slightly more peaceful place now.

Thanks LM. I have not been feeling well and haven't really checked for typos. You are right, good catch.

Yeah, I wonder what the city was like back then?
  • Options
    Really nice peso!

• Options
    Here's my current PCGS 53 (ex NGC 53).

• Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Nice pickup! image
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'd keep the 53 as I like that one more.