Home Precious Metals
Options

You pop the Powerball, still in PMs?

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
With that kind of scratch would you even buy PMs anymore?

I'd probably drop a MB of gold on all of my nieces/nephews, but I'm not so sure I'd be stacking consistently.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd locate myself where I no longer needed dollar insurance.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭
    With that kind of scratch, you'd better be more cognizant of who you have managing your money instead of trying to hedge it with metal.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    I would put my meager collection in a giveaway thread, and then disappear faster than a dog in a Chinese restaurant.
    Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: derryb
    I'd locate myself where I no longer needed dollar insurance.

+1
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: zippcity

I would put my meager collection in a giveaway thread, and then disappear faster than a dog in a Chinese restaurant.

LOL! I'd stay in it though put out WTB offers for poured Engelhard bars and corner the market of them. Just out of spite more than anything else. image I would become known as Mr. Engelhard
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys gonna move to the moon?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: cohodk

scratching moon from list.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭

No, but I could buy it.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Stacking...no. The collector in me would make me buy cool stuff though. No more bullion. Just rare collector pieces. Not a lot though. Some sport cards, signs. Vintage stuff. Just enough to decorate a man cave err... house.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    I am going full Duke Brothers.

My intent would be to buy every 2016 eagle I could. Creating a real/perceived silver shortage in terms of SAE availability.
    This would create a run on 2016 SAEs that I would begin to slowly liquidate at the higher going rateat the right time.

I would do all of this from a secure bunker in Canada between frames of flaming midget bowling (with real midgets that I have paid to wear fire suits and ignite themselves).

Market distortion is fun!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    If I won, assuming my net would be roughly $450M, i would be purchasing roughly $45m in pm's over the next 24 months. Man would that be a fun buying spree image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Plat collection would be complete, I know that much.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I would do all of this from a secure bunker in Canada between frames of flaming midget bowling (with real midgets that I have paid to wear fire suits and ignite themselves)

I've always wanted to see the flaming midget bowling. Maybe one day I will hire them for my birthday where one of them could pop out of a cupcake.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not much stacking.... However, I would buy some gold coins that I have wanted for

a long time (very expensive collectibles)... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you even want that kind of $$$?

Read about this guy. Just a sampling. If you're not emotionally tough enough to deal with the fame and hassle, maybe you'd best not try to win it. Similar to a permit to carry a concealed firearm. If you're not prepared to handle the consequences if you have to use it, then don't get one.

"Jack Whittaker, a Johnny Cash attired, West Virginia native, is the poster boy for the dangers of a lump sum award. In 2002 Mr. Whittaker (55 years old at the time) won what was, also at the time, the largest single award jackpot in U.S. history. $315 million. At the time, he planned to live as if nothing had changed, or so he said. He was remarkably modest and decent before the jackpot, and his ship sure came in, right? Wrong.

Whittaker wasn't a typical lottery winner either. His net worth at the time of his winnings was in excess of $15 million, owing to his ownership of a successful contracting firm in West Virginia. His claim to want to live "as if nothing had changed" actually seemed plausible. He should have been well equipped for wealth. He was already quite wealthy, after all. By all accounts he was somewhat modest, low profile, generous and good natured. He should have coasted off into the sunset. Yeah. Not exactly.

Letters poured in. Children with cancer. Diabetes. MS. You name it. He hired three people to sort the mail. A detective to filter out the false claims and the con men (and women) was retained.

Even before the deaths, the local and state police had taken a special interest in Whittaker after his new-found fame. He was arrested for minor and less minor offenses many times after his winnings, despite having had a nearly spotless record before the award. Whittaker's high profile couldn't have helped him much in this regard.

In 18 months Whittaker had been cited for over 250 violations ranging from broken tail lights on every one of his five new cars, to improper display of renewal stickers. A lawsuit charging various police organizations with harassment went nowhere and Whittaker was hit with court costs instead."
  • Options
    You almost would have to immediately move to someplace like West Palm Beach, Fl., Sea Island, Ga., or The Hamptons in New York to blend in with like-monied folk to not stand out and be more secured from every Joe and Jane that came knocking for a handout. You would most certainly have to isolate yourself and family off the grid for a few months while the details of bank accounts, incorporations, lawyers, accountants, banksers, charities, etc, are ironed out. Lots of headaches initially and lots of headaches going forward to keep up with all of those things.

The folks I know who won $100 million after taxes have since divorced, several of their children divorced or have married and divorced, grandchildren's families have been split up, no one lives at their mansion on a 1900 acre river plantation, family fallouts and disputes have abound, the wife of the winner almost died having "around the world" cosmetic surgery, the list goes on.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would become known as Mr. Engelhard

imageimage
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would buy my weight in gold and at today's close it would cost me:

$3,462,219.10

Then no more stacking....just enjoy it all.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I'd buy everyone's $1,900-gold and $50-silver purchases as a public service of good will. I don't do platinum, sorry comrade jmski. Is no personal, hahaha. ;-)

Second, everyone on this forum gets a green monster box.

Third. All qualified PM-forumites get a round trip ticket to renville to celebrate ill-gotten-gains on my lanai...Mai Tais included.

Fourth. I'd expand my Box o' $20 to two boxes to include 1921, 1927-D, 1933, and 1907 UHR.

• Options
    May the force be with you renski.

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BAJJERFAN

Letters poured in. Children with cancer. Diabetes. MS. You name it. He hired three people to sort the mail. A detective to filter out the false claims and the con men (and women) was retained.

Certain states allow winners to anonymously collect winnings. So, some people can avoid this if they can avoid bringing attention to themselves while enjoying there spoils.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be in nicer threads, for sure. image
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by: alifaxwa2

Certain states allow winners to anonymously collect winnings. So, some people can avoid this if they can avoid bringing attention to themselves while enjoying there spoils.

Yeah, but what good does it do for people who don't live in one of those states, unless you go to one to buy your ticket? Even so, you're going to be known to someone.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: DrBuster

You'd best be careful about who you associate with in that manner lest they have visions of extortion or lawsuits in their heads.
  • Options

You'd best be careful about who you associate with in that manner lest they have visions of extortion or lawsuits in their heads.

Not if you move to Utah and get some of them sister wives in the mix.

• Options

This can often be accomplished for free.

• Options

This can often be accomplished for free.

Ha, Yes indeed!

• Options
    Originally posted by: zippcity

You mean Vietnamese, no?

They sell cookbooks titled 50 ways to wok your dog.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May the force be with you renski.

Not win, the powerball I did.
  • Options
    Sigh, back to work.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Lawrence is the man! Found happiness in a simple life while Peter was spinning his wheels in a cubicle working for a ***** of a boss in a fake culture. LOL

Just to remind everyone. Friday is Hawaiian shirt day. LOL

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll go down to the tire store and buy up all their used lead wheel weights instead of the gold...

Going to be a run on lead someday.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those winners are going to find out how many cousins they have, now.