Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

latest coinstar find

stevebensteveben Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
found about $0.87 in change...including two wheat cents: a 53-D and this:



image

image



pretty early date for a circ find.

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Nothing in the Coinstar upper or lower hopper @ Hy-Vee, ten years of looking.



    Nice find.
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: epcjimi1
    Nothing in the Coinstar upper or lower hopper @ Hy-Vee, ten years of looking.

    Nice find.


    Don't lose hope, you will find if you continue to HUNT!

    "Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

    --- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow nice finds.
    Investor
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sure looks like a repunched mint mark

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: epcjimi1

    Nothing in the Coinstar upper or lower hopper @ Hy-Vee, ten years of looking.



    Nice find.




    I've never even seen a Coinstar to my knowledge.

    Maybe I need to get out more......naaah.

  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

    If you guys tell me where you live, I'll throw a few hand fulls of Wheeties in your front yard as I drive by. image
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool.
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Wabbit2313



    If you guys tell me where you live, I'll throw a few hand fulls of Wheeties in your front yard as I drive by. image




    aww silly wabbit

  • Options
    Originally posted by: Baley

    sure looks like a repunched mint mark




    Yes, a nice seperation too.

    Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed; looks like a RPM from the photo, but one I am not familiar with.
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love strolling past coinstar and giving a peek to see if any treasures have been left behind!

    Isn't it funny how a silver dime can brighten our day?

    Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I check the Coinstar each time I go to the market... almost daily....Have not found anything

    in three or four weeks.... runs in cycles. Mostly I think the baggers or check out clerks get the

    change...it is right by the check out lanes. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Icollecteverything

    Originally posted by: Baley

    sure looks like a repunched mint mark




    Yes, a nice seperation too.




    i saw that and i looked closer...it's just some crap on the coin. the photo accentuates it.





    no, it's not glue!
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ricko

    I check the Coinstar each time I go to the market... almost daily....Have not found anything

    in three or four weeks.... runs in cycles. Mostly I think the baggers or check out clerks get the

    change...it is right by the check out lanes. Cheers, RickO






    i always check too, if i am already there.



    i think a lot of people check for different reasons.
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some pretty good coinstar finds over the past couple of months though no wheats. Thought I'd share this here rather than start a new thread. Lifes little thrills!
    Three separate pocket loads of foreigns. Occasionally, US coins with no evident issues as well.
    No silver though lots of countries represented.
    Here's my latest haul.
    image[/URL]

    Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty neat..



    I'll be letting about 100 wheaties out of the prison and back into the wild in the next week or two or three. Always fun to spend and rarely does the receiver even notice. Hopefully

    will lead to more YN's on the board.



    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I like that one from Hong Kong.

    "Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

    --- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: joeykoins

    Nice! I like that one from Hong Kong.




    And there's about 12 cents that can be spent out of all that!!



    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually look forward to looking in the coin star when I know I'm going to a store that has one
    New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING


  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reject bin is so low that people just have to bend over to get their rejects out and just can't do it. image Do people put foreign coins in hoping that they will get credit for some of them.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get that baby submitted right away , and then off to the CAC.

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file