Home Precious Metals
Options

FED's Stanley Fisher unleashed

derrybderryb Posts: 36,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
"no ammo left"

"What The Fed did, and I was part of it, was front-loaded an enormous rally market rally in order to create a wealth effect... and an uncomfortable digestive period is likely now." Simply put he concludes, there can't be much more accomodation, "The Fed is a giant weapon that has no ammunition left."

And there you have it, straight from the horses mouth and not from your usual "conspiracy" website.

Of course there are a few here who will claim Fisher is just trying to sell precious metals. image

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't he the same person that in January 2008 on CNBC, repeatedly expressed doubt that a severe recession was on its way and argued against lowering the federal funds rate?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    He's a mouthpiece. Anything a FED official says publicly is carefully crafted and said for a reason. Gobbledygook is their only weapon remaining.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: derryb
    He's a mouthpiece. Anything a FED official says publicly is carefully crafted and said for a reason. Gobbledygook is their only weapon remaining.

So I guess whatever he says doesn't matter.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Originally posted by: cohodk

It matters to those who base their trades on what he says. That's why he says it.

• Options

It matters to those who base their trades on what he says. That's why he says it.

You either think too little of professional traders or to much of amateurs.

• Options
    The FED has run out of candy. I know it, you know it, and their own Stanley Fisher knows it. The ones that don't know it are still buying equities and junk bonds.

• Options
    So I guess you're saying the economy needs more stimulus and the Fed can't assist. I would say the economy doesn't need any stimulus.

• Options
    So I guess you're saying the economy needs more stimulus and the Fed can't assist. I would say the economy doesn't need any stimulus.

The only reason FED saw a need for stimulus was to compensate for the contraction it created. Until FED quits being a market maker the bubbles will grow and the bubbles will pop. The FED will again see a need for stimulus. When will they learn.

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like a patient on too many meds, nix the meds, then wait and see where the patient's baseline is....
  • Options

The only reason FED saw a need for stimulus was to compensate for the contraction it created. Until FED quits being a market maker the bubbles will grow and the bubbles will pop. The FED will again see a need for stimulus. When will they learn.

The Fed does not create booms or busts. Investors do through. The Fed may give them shovels, but it does not make them dig. A little study of history will show that on most occasions economic euphoria or depression is a result of legislative action.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like a patient on too many meds, nix the meds, then wait and see where the patient's baseline is....

Wait till he wakes up and sees what they've done to him!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

The Fed does not create booms or busts. Investors do through. The Fed may give them shovels, but it does not make them dig. A little study of history will show that on most occasions economic euphoria or depression is a result of legislative action.

FED also gives them the pile of dirt.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FED warned of 'stress testing'. Why would they have to stress the market ? image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

And concrete and steel too. So what? All those are useless unless used. The Fed had nothing to do with the tech and real estate bubble, but your elected officials surely did. Congress stimulates fear and greed which produces booms and busts.

• Options

And concrete and steel too. So what? All those are useless unless used. The Fed had nothing to do with the tech and real estate bubble, but your elected officials surely did. Congress stimulates fear and greed which produces booms and busts.

It's quite simple. Fly your helicopter into any coin auction and drop $10,000 on each of the bidders. What's gonna happen to prices? Did you "influence" this market? Next auction don't show up with your free money. Prices gonna come down?

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's quite simple. Go into any coin auction and give all the bidders another $10,000. What's gonna happen to prices? Were they "influenced" by helicopter visit?

The prices of coins will not change. The bidders will spend exactly what they would have on coins, and use the extra $10k to pay down some debt, take a vacation, buy a flatscreen TV and a new smartphone, and put the rest in stock mutual funds for their retirement and the kids' educations.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Originally posted by: Baley
    It's quite simple. Go into any coin auction and give all the bidders another $10,000. What's gonna happen to prices? Were they "influenced" by helicopter visit?

The prices of coins will not change. The bidders will spend exactly what they would have on coins, and use the extra $10k to pay down some debt, take a vacation, buy a flatscreen TV and a new smartphone, and put the rest in stock mutual funds for their retirement and the kids' educations.

That's what the FED thought. They were wrong also. What did happen is markets saw a boom and now they are seeing the bust. This is what happens when you spike the punch bowl and then don't keep refilling it. It worked until QE 3 wasn't followed with a refill. If QE 1 did it's job of fixing the economy, why the need for 2 and 3? The good (actually bad) news is QE will be back bigger than ever.

• Options

It's quite simple. Fly your helicopter into any coin auction and drop $10,000 on each of the bidders. What's gonna happen to prices? Did you "influence" this market? Next auction don't show up with your free money. Prices gonna come down?

The act of people using thst money to compete against each other for limited items creates higher prices. The simple act of money sitting on the table will not result in higher prices.

• Options

That's what the FED thought. They were wrong also. What did happen is markets saw a boom and now they are seeing the bust. This is what happens when you spike the punch bowl and then don't keep refilling it. It worked until QE 3 wasn't followed with a refill. If QE 1 did it's job of fixing the economy, why the need for 2 and 3? The good (actually bad) news is QE will be back bigger than ever.

Just when I thought you couldn't be more wrong.

• Options

The act of people using thst money to compete against each other for limited items creates higher prices. The simple act of money sitting on the table will not result in higher prices.

Murderer to the jury: "I didn't kill him, the bullet did."

• Options

Murderer to the jury: "I didn't kill him, the bullet did."

Again....it's the act of people, not the gun or the bullet, or the Fed.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: OPA

Isn't he the same person that in January 2008 on CNBC, repeatedly expressed doubt that a severe recession was on its way and argued against lowering the federal funds rate?

He was Governor of the Bank of Israel during the last financial crisis. I'm not sure what he would have been doing about commenting on US Fed policy when he had more than enough to handle at home. In any case he was given credit for successfully steering Israel from a recession and a recovery in 2009. At least this account would suggest he wouldn't have advised against lower Fed Funds rate/interest rates, etc. The guy has certainly been around.

Although the Israeli economy swooned during the global financial crisis, it never fell into recession. Mr. Fischer cut interest rates quickly at the beginning of the crisis and, breaking with the I.M.F. playbook he had helped to write, he built up foreign reserves to limit the rise of the shekel.

Shlomo Maital, a professor at the Technion Institute of Management, credited Mr. Fischer with “navigating Israel through the global financial crisis that began in 2008, more or less unscathed, by clever manipulation of interest rates and impeccable timing.”

Stanley Fisher
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Also, note that Fisher's negative comments about the FED come after he recently left the FED.

• Options
    Failure of the FED, How QE Acts to Contract the Economy

"The Fed is largely responsible for the Dotcom bubble, the housing bubble, and the current bubble (none of which they have seen in advance), and none of which they have admitted any responsibility over."

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat off topic but if you've got some time to kill....Worth a look

• Options
    Originally posted by: VanHalen

Blunt but truthful.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized the title mentioned Stanley Fisher, current 2nd man in charge at the FED. Richard Fisher is a former member and the person linked in the video. It was a good opportunity to find out more about the new guy.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither science nor language recognizes the existence of reality. The tragedy is that this leads some to believe you can take more out of a box than is put in and others to believe there is a cat in it that is both dead and alive. While still others believe in an infinite number of boxes in infinite number of conditions.

Ya' can't fool mother nature but mother nature can damn sure fool you.

When the government has destroyed the last producers and taxed the contents of the box to the point of being empty there can be no ammo.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

• Options
    Do you know where Nunavut is?

• Options

Yepper, it's in Canada. Do you know where Canada is?

• Options

• Options
    "Canadians Panic As Food Prices Soar On Collapsing Currency"

collapsing currency (and higher food prices) are throughout Canada. Canada is about as close to home as you can get. You eternal optimists are always grasping for a straw.

Watcha gonna do when you run out of straws - raise interest rates? image

• Options
    The comments are far better than the article.

• Options

Yepper, it's in Canada. Do you know where Canada is?

It's essentially the North Pole. $2.10 US foe a fresh cucumber sounds pretty darn cheap.

BTW ---Venezuela is closer to your home.

• Options

collapsing currency (and higher food prices) are throughout Canada. Canada is about as close to home as you can get. You eternal optimists are always grasping for a straw.

What? You have to find the price of a cucumber at the north pole to try to substantiatell your position. That's not grasping for straws? Lol.

• Options

What? You have to find the price of a cucumber at the north pole to try to substantiatell your position. That's not grasping for straws? Lol.

Those that bother to read rather than find something, anything to criticize saw this in the article: "And no, its not just Nunavut: it from coast to coast."

• Options
    Yes, markets are doing what markets do, react to supply and demand. What's surprising is that some people continually find this surprising.

"Values" of goods and services are going to continue to fluctuate-- in both directions. Get Used To It.

Price equilibrium (as well as eternal sustained moves in the same direction) is a mirage, once you think it's near, it fades away and reappears in the distance.

• Options
    Yes, markets are doing what markets do, react to supply and demand. What's surprising is that some people continually find this surprising.

"Values" of goods and services are going to continue to fluctuate-- in both directions. Get Used To It.

Price equilibrium (as well as eternal sustained moves in the same direction) is a mirage, once you think it's near, it fades away and reappears in the distance.

I don't find it surprising at all. What I do find surprising is those that said "no currency crisis or inflation in the cards" have suddenly started singing the "markets are doing what markets do" song. Face it the economy is weak and getting weaker.

2016: An about-face for the FED

• Options

Those that bother to read rather than find something, anything to criticize saw this in the article: "And no, its not just Nunavut: it from coast to coast."

No its not. Dont believe everything you read on the internet. Especially if it's from a pro-Russian conduit.

• Options
    Dont believe everything you read on the internet. Especially if it's from a pro-Russian conduit.

but we can always believe you? image

• Options
    Dont believe everything you read on the internet. Especially if it's from a pro-Russian conduit.

Well, I do. And that's worked out pretty well.image

• Options
    What I do find surprising is those that said "no currency crisis or inflation in the cards" have suddenly started singing the "markets are doing what markets do" song.

LMAO... no inconsistency there: both of those say the same thing!

https://forums.collectors.com/...tid=42&threadid=810855

• Options

Since you love Walmart, why not believe them?

http://www.walmart.ca/flyer

• Options

Since you love Walmart, why not believe them?

http://www.walmart.ca/flyer

You have no idea what I love, like or believe. All you know is that I take the time to share information, of many different flavors and some of which I do not agree, with those who want to develop their own, informed, independent opinions. If you don't like the information - provide a valid, opposing point of view. Spending your wheels trying to discredit the sources only shows your lack of knowledge of what is actually being discussed.

• Options
    I've never see you disagree with something you post. In fact, when discredited you vehemently defend the position. Now you say you post stuff you disagree with? Can you understand why the "informatiin" you provide is worthless propaganda?

I think providing a link to actual grocery store price "coast to coast" in Canada is sufficient to discredit your claims of hyperinflation in Canada. If your source is going to have to resort to finding the price of a cucumber at the North Pole to prove inflation is rampant across the country, then you better darn well be prepared to have your az called it.

If you can't handle the criticism then stop posting such nonsense. Otherwise, it's game on. image

• Options
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

The subtitle of the second link is...
    "The country’s annual inflation rate picked up the pace last month to hit 1.4 per cent."

Is that bad? 1.4%?
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more