Home Precious Metals
Options

the Big Short

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
Best movie I've seen this year. I think every person who visits this board reguraly would be into this. Extremely well done with a little levity. Awesome

mark
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will put it on the list.... thanks...

Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    The book by Michael Lewis is a must read!
    I can't wait to see the movie.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can't wait to read cohodk's review.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got back from seeing it.

The baffling thing to me then and since is this mantra that people "didn't see it coming." I remember well how many people here in those years on these Boards were talking all about the crazy real estate bubble, the subprime mortgages, the adjustable rates, etc. etc. (Maybe some of you can exhume some of those old threads). It all seemed so obvious that we were headed toward a disaster.

It seems to me that there were three groups then: people who saw the obvious and were worried/fascinated as the precipice approached, people who saw the obvious, didn't care and made the big bux while the opportunity was there, and people who were busy with their daily lives and found the whole apparatus incomprehensible when they did fleetingly take a look at it (an incomprehensibility that was not altogether inadvertent).

What remains distressing is that no one responsible was held accountable, that the abuse has since accelerated, and that regulations and regulators have perhaps lost even more teeth.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    good movie...

"bespoke tranche opportunity"....

keep on stackin......

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: derryb

Although cohodk is a fan of sci-fi, he probably won't watch the movie.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpoole....I like your second option... I believe that was the larger group...

people who saw the obvious, didn't care and made the big bux while the opportunity was there,

Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the book better, gave the movie a B+. Not quite a documentary and not quite a drama. The movie did improve after the first half hour.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: cohodk
    Originally posted by: derryb

Although cohodk is a fan of sci-fi, he probably won't watch the movie.

Wouldn't want you to lose touch with reality. image

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    While all the facts aren't completely accurate the movie was well done and very entertaining.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole