Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Need help identifying this token

nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭
Someone brought this in today and I'm trying to help them figure out what it is. I guessed a ship passage token, but I'm not finding anything similar using that search term. Does anyone have any idea what this is?

Comments

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a token but a pre 1960's passenger ship luggage check which a bell boy would have handed you before taking your steamer trunk to your cabin.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    JebJeb Posts: 122
    That is very neat. You learn something everyday.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is way cool.

I wanna go on a passenger ship and have a steamer trunk and get one of those tokens and drink wine at the Captain's table and..............

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    That's cool!

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Broadstruck

It's not a token but a pre 1960's passenger ship luggage check which a bell boy would have handed you before taking your steamer trunk to your cabin.

Thanks very much for the info!

• Options
    Originally posted by: sparky64

That is way cool.

I wanna go on a passenger ship and have a steamer trunk and get one of those tokens and drink wine at the Captain's table and..............

You can do so on the Queen Mary. As a child we stayed on the steam liner and it was very cool.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have spent a lot of time at sea, but the Navy never gave me any token....I did polish a

bit of brass though.... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: sparky64

That is way cool.

Only pretty wenches get invited to the Captain's Table!

Arrrrrr!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool token.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file