Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is this actually the stamp forum in disguise?

291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
I sure hope the activity picks up after the New Year because this forum is slow, slow, slow.
All glory is fleeting.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not noticed any stamps.... image However, you are correct.. it has been a tad slow.

Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    I still check in ever day....

But I have to admit, I spend a lot less time here since they did the upgrade.

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    So everyone go help with the date run thread and pick things up as we are in modern dates now.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: CoinZip

Notice the flippers ,Mint buyers of coins, sets in 2015 have disappeared from forum

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still a regular . . I like to try (with varied success) to contribute . . . not just see the post-count rise . . . here throughout the day.

Drunner

(Keep the Doily Faith!!!)
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

Same with me. I used to try and actively participate and regularly check these forums. Since the upgrade I've had too many technical issues and the forum is too dead to check as often.
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bestday

Notice the flippers ,Mint buyers of coins, sets in 2015 have disappeared from forum

Yes and that's going to be a 400+ thread with a lot of views. Hardly the stamp forum. It's seems like every Holiday season the slowness of the boards comes up like clockwork. People have lives. The new forum software hasn't helped that's for sure.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    I don't do stamps and hopefully they won't come in on us. I also have noticed it being slow here but still check in and look at anything new. I think we have lost a lot of folks since they upgraded.

I collect coins because old is good.
  • Options
    nutmegnutmeg Posts: 345 ✭✭

Same here.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

i do to.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, slightly less posting here is simply due to the extra business that comes with the holiday season. The forum upgrade is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned...I post neither more nor less since the change (which really wasn't all that drastic imo and leaves me scratching my head about why it's such a big deal to so many people).

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    JebJeb Posts: 122
    I look in almost everyday, but usually don't post as I can't add anything to the conservation.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I will be bally-hooed for saying as much(and maybe spell checked as well) but if you have been paying attention for the last several years it is quite obvious that things are changing. the economy overall isn't doing very well, the coin market overall has been moving back and the drop in PM's figures in, also, though many refuse to acknowledge as much. speaking only for myself, though I am confident many others might agree, we as a group seem to need something to busy ourselves with. the result is less time spent here. I have been posting more at the Sports Talk forum and spending off days afield with my youngest son. I notice myself drifting towards firearms and things which go along with that Hobby. I purchased a barrel recently for a Contender and I'm looking at guns now as much as I do coins/medals since the latter is quite slow.

in a nutshell, I think it is essential to direct my time towards some endeavor and coins doesn't cut it right now for a variety of reasons.
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: keets
    I know I will be bally-hooed for saying as much(and maybe spell checked as well) but if you have been paying attention for the last several years it is quite obvious that things are changing. the economy overall isn't doing very well, the coin market overall has been moving back and the drop in PM's figures in, also, though many refuse to acknowledge as much. speaking only for myself, though I am confident many others might agree, we as a group seem to need something to busy ourselves with. the result is less time spent here. I have been posting more at the Sports Talk forum and spending off days afield with my youngest son. I notice myself drifting towards firearms and things which go along with that Hobby. I purchased a barrel recently for a Contender and I'm looking at guns now as much as I do coins/medals since the latter is quite slow.

in a nutshell, I think it is essential to direct my time towards some endeavor and coins doesn't cut it right now for a variety of reasons.

I am as well, although my area is flooded with gun shows every weekend I am not seeing a lot of business going on there. 3 years ago I could easily sell 30k in guns a weekend, last year about 15k and this year I have never topped 5k in sales on a weekend. Guns that are cheap and black sell, guns over 800 seem to do a lot better on gunbroker and 5 to 10k guns are a hard sell in my opinion. EVERYONE thinks that are a pawn star and wanting to pay 30 cents on the dollar.

A lot of great posters have been shown the door around here and a lot of great threads start off great and take a terrible turn on page 2 if the small group of cheerleaders here don't like if something is posted.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blame part of it on the lack of a forum where general discussion promotes everyone getting to know each other better and building camaraderie. But because this hobby draws a bitter crowd with no sense of humor, such activity has been abolished. There's a lot more to that, but that's another story.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Hydrant

Ms70, you just might be onto something here. Now that's not to say that I agree with you entirely because I don't. I do respect your opinion though and I'd like to hear a little more of your thoughts. I'm sure your sincere in your belief.

Other than saying like any other "club" or organization there needs to be a social side for camaraderie, a feeling of belonging and friendship among it's members, I'm not going to expand any further. Otherwise it will be a 400 post thread right into the gutter with popcorn icons and everything. Maybe someone with a psychological background can chime in. image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

(see recent thread titled "My Clark Gruber Cherrypick").

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In some ways the breath of knowledge shared here does not often grab the attention one would think... I suppose I have a slightly different view in that some folks (and I doubt that I am the only one that feels this way). Similar issues seem to dominate and are repeatedly discussed in the US forum so those that have been here for years have basically been there...done that. So posting and contributions are in declining.

The forum really needs to be more mindful of new developments in the hobby- Some of the best posts here have created minimal interest while others which are driven by factors that do not bring out the best in people seem to take center stage... we need to reverse this trend.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My coins are not as exciting as your coins, but I sure am.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file