Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone ever do a large regrade or reconsideration submission and have every single coin upgrade?

Or almost every coin? For a submission of more than 10 coins? 20 coins? or even more? There was no + grading before 2010ish so it certainly should seem possible if one has that many high end for the grade coins graded prior to 2010.

Comments

• Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    When you walk into the carnival, anything can happen...

Wycleff Jean
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing close to 10 coins, had 3 NGC cross at grade when PCGS had the crossover special going on a year ago.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not submitted very many coins under those conditions, but I've lost every time I tried it. My appears were not for an upgrade but for reconsideration of the body bag. The body bag stayed, but when someone else submitted one of the same coins later, they got a grade. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Never had any good luck with this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file