Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Why so tedious and frustrating to search our hosts census/pops?

NGC has an amazingly simple search by coin - makes the process so simple while trying to find something but with our hosts POPs is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Has anyone every brought this up before?

Some countries are like impossible with page after page of non-alphabetized, mix-dated etc. which can drive me nuts, and reverse it all if I need to see the pops in 58 - you basically need to start from scratch.

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried this link?

PCGS Pop Report

It is a faster way to find aggregated data than to look up individual coins via cert number.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried it - its still quite complicated and just doesn't do wjat ATS does.

Unless I am totally using it wrong.

Take a country like Russia or Spain and the search becomes tedious and painful ;/
  • Options
    I would think Lithuanian coins should have their own listing as opposed to being listed under Russia. Silly me looked under L and couldn't find them

till I asked another collector.
    A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because it's trust is not in the branch but it's own wings.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post

Found my Latvian under Russian

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that called foreshadowing?
  • Options
    I got to say for the US coins it is the exact opposite. Pcgs easy to use/search. Ngc , not so easy.
  • Options
    Foreshadowing. I hope not. I was glad to see U.S. have troop exercises in Lithuania after problems in Ukraine.

It also reminded me we agreed to protect Ukraine sovereignty in return for them dismantling nukes after Soviet

collapse. SMH
    A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because it's trust is not in the branch but it's own wings.
  • Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though PCGS population report isn't searchable in the same way, NGC is kind of inconsistent with how the label and categorize different types. Sometimes I can't find things in search or in the menus. PCGS menus are organized and work 100% of the time for me.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just rolled out an absolutely fantastic census platform ATS - they are way way ahead of our hosts.

Is anyone listening here in PCGS land?