Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ATB P Puck collectors

BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
For those interested the Bombay P has only 61 left.....

Could be the lowest mintage in 3 years

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Is there really an after market for these or is it just wishful thinking?

I mean, they are as big as dinner plates and don't really go to well in a Dansco. Seems to me, the only market is the silver bullion market and not necessarily as a collectible.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    A few of the low mintage P pucks from 2012 sell raw for around $600.

Recent (last year) higher mintage ones are weak....

Blue Ridge sold out a few months ago and is around $250 and the Bombay will probable come in at less than that mintage.

(down to 31)
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BigA

A few of the low mintage P pucks from 2012 sell raw for around $600.

Recent (last year) higher mintage ones are weak....

Blue Ridge sold out a few months ago and is around $250 and the Bombay will probable come in at less than that mintage.

(down to 31)
    Well good.

I've bought a couple for resale but it's really kind of an expensive gamble for me.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    May I ask where do you see these numbers?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Down to 16....

Numbers are on the order page after you exceed the available quantity
  • Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    $149.95 This product is currently Unavailable.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I got a subscription for this series and I think they're really neat. They're the largest and heaviest legal tender coin ever produced by the US Mint. Most of the designs are quite artistic and they remind me of large silver medals.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This year's ATB's are doing very well except Homestead and Kisatchie. Sub-18k mintages are realizing good returns. Bombay is a great design and I'm surprised it took this long to go dark. Blue Ridge is doing VERY well with PCGS SP70 over $500 now. Bombay could be this year's lowest.

Just curious -- what timezone is this site???
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought one of each since the start. Is Hawaii Volcano the lowest mintage? If not, which one is and what is the mintage? Thanks very much for any info!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Hawaii still reigns as the lowest at 14,863. Bombay could be #7 if it undersells Blue Ridge at just over 17k.

I'm at 7:04pm AK Time, 12/22. Just trying to figure out what time BigA reported going dark today.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    Don't get me going on the time thing...still can't correct that it has me in Guam but time listed is Eastern Europe...(I'm in MA)

....anyway...

It went dark at 407pm (EST).....I checked at 406p and there were 2 left and on refresh they went poof
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Akbeez
    Hawaii still reigns as the lowest at 14,863. Bombay could be #7 if it undersells Blue Ridge at just over 17k.

I'm at 7:04pm AK Time, 12/22. Just trying to figure out what time BigA reported going dark today.

Thanks for the info! Hawaii is a nice coin. Wonder why so low for that issue.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been collecting the 5 oz bullion & collector's version along with the annual silver proof ATB's since they came out. Most have very well designs for modern day issues.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Originally posted by: OPA

Been collecting the 5 oz bullion & collector's version along with the annual silver proof ATB's since they came out. Most have very well designs for modern day issues.

Agree. There are many very artistic and attractive designs. A very underrated series.

• Options
    Originally posted by: PerryHall

I'm glad I got a subscription for this series and I think they're really neat. They're the largest and heaviest legal tender coin ever produced by the US Mint. Most of the designs are quite artistic and they remind me of large silver medals.

"Legal Tender" is kinda stretching it don't you think?

They are legal tender for 25 cents.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: 19Lyds

Since they have been monetized, they are considered "legal tender coins" instead of "bullion rounds." I don't believe the US Mint issues "bullion rounds."
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Originally posted by: 19Lyds

They are legal tender coins. You can think otherwise but you'd be wrong. A 1913 Liberty head nickel is legal tender for five cents. A 1793 chain cent is legal tender for one cent. A 1916-D Mercury dime is legal tender for 10 cents. A St. Gaudens double eagle is legal tender for $20. I could go on but I think I've made my point---face value has little relevance when we are talking about collector coins. Do you think it's a stretch to call US commemorative coins and bullion coins legal tender coins.

• Options
    Originally posted by: Raufus

Thanks for the info! Hawaii is a nice coin. Wonder why so low for that issue.

2012 was a low year with several issues. I think the big push in 2010 resulted in a glut in 2011 (highest mintage for bullions -- 126k for two!!) and killed interest in 2012. I think Hawaii was an fugly design and I totally passed...of course. Hawaii and Acadia (very nice!) take the top low mintages of that year. Bombay may take #6 or #7 lowest, we will see.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you know I like a few of these & have 15 or so of both types. Some of the designs a bit vapid & even though the Hawaii is listed at above prices, it may not be that liquid as many dealers of even general material see bullion only. Not quite sure what true wholesale prices are...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    I think it easier to use Ebay as a true indicator of what someone is willing to pay. If someone paid $575 (or whatever) yesterday and $585 the day before then it is not a WAG to say that the value is around that price point right now.

• Options

This year's ATB's are doing very well except Homestead and Kisatchie.

Yup, only ones still for sale and numbers are high

• Options
    Saratogas are back on sale again for the second day for anyone who missed them initially.

Bombay may very well be this year's low mintage as long as they don't come out for sale again. As I recall, Blue Ridge went back on sale for only a few hours before sellout.
  • Options
    Yup, this is the third day of being back on sale and they still have over 100 left. Guess they cranked out a bunch more....
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BigA

Don't get me going on the time thing...still can't correct that it has me in Guam but time listed is Eastern Europe...(I'm in MA)

....anyway...

It went dark at 407pm (EST).....I checked at 406p and there were 2 left and on refresh they went poof

It's a goofy setup. There are 2 time setting you have to make.

Set the upper one to your location then the lower one till you see the correct time in your postings.

I know...you'd think the Time Zone one would be all that is needed. But there we go again, thinking.

• Options
    Thanks...tried that MANY times before and this is what I get

ERROR: One of the values in the url has not passed validation. Error Code: 113
  • Options
    I stopped collecting, but I have a bunch put away. Wish I picked up the Hawaii coin. Saw it at the P mint when I was there, but decided I didn't want to carry it back home with me. Then I never got around to ordering it from the mint.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the mintages for the 2016 ATBs will be? I haven't seen any announcements yet.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I have about 10. I had a subscription but when the Mint took away the discount, I gave up on them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file