Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Yeti roll call

I'll start with Cathy (stork). Who else hasn't shown up? Wybrit, Mac, Preussen long ago, same with 3Mark, the rest is up to you.
Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3

Comments

• Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I still poke my head in occasionally. The way Chelsea is playing this year Wybrit is probably too shocked to make an appearance.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way Chelsea is playing this year Wybrit is probably too shocked to make an appearance.

imageimage

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Didn't we see Spinaker2000 poke his head in about six months ago?
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great to hear from Mac and Wybrit

Happy Holidays everyone

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and mongoose

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    I visit every day

Just not much to say

Happy Holidays!
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm back in semi-yeti mode as of the last few weeks, but you know how it goes with me. A few weeks as a yeti, then back to incessant (some might say excessive) posting.

Depends on which bipolar cycle I'm in. In the "up" (manic) cycle, I'm an avid numismatist and forum participant. In the "down" (or depressive- but not terribly depressed) cycle, I'm more of a recluse and am usually in bed with a book instead of being here. But I've learned to cope with my dual nature pretty well. These days the cycles come and go in gentle waves, at least. (Instead like a roller coaster, or I'd be back on the meds.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    I still pop in most days. Not buying much lately so nothing much to say.
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lordmarcovan
    I'm back in semi-yeti mode as of the last few weeks, but you know how it goes with me. A few weeks as a yeti, then back to incessant (some might say excessive) posting.

Depends on which bipolar cycle I'm in. In the "up" (manic) cycle, I'm an avid numismatist and forum participant. In the "down" (or depressive- but not terribly depressed) cycle, I'm more of a recluse and am usually in bed with a book instead of being here. But I've learned to cope with my dual nature pretty well. These days the cycles come and go in gentle waves, at least. (Instead like a roller coaster, or I'd be back on the meds.)

A guy in the Greek forum has the following sigline: "I hate being bipolar,it's awesome". image The key phrase in your text above, is in bold IMHO. Your honesty about everything is borderline shocking and I'm talking about what you write in public, otherwise I believe that we have covered the subject extensively in between us. I've known bipolar individuals all my life, and I've seen how each and everyone copes with It. At the same time, I've seen clinically depressive individuals, or even manic depressives in total denial. As for the meds, they would have been perfect, if lithium, that basically does the job of straightening the moods in a flat line if shown graphically, was not a flat line slightly below the average, in other words, a mild feeling of blues almost constantly, and a lack of energy too. This is the main reason why so many people drop their meds, because they wanna taste the momentarily high again, even if they know that it's going to cost them a serious depression afterwards. So be it, it's up to every adult to live his life the way he sees fit, we haven't exactly signed any contract with a higher power that we'll live to be a hundred years old, so no one can predict the future.

Now where's Cathy again?

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Full yeti mode for me.

I do stop by once in a while but not all that much. And posting is even rarer.

I have not been actively collecting for some time now. I am drifting away from the hobby, I will confess. I may yet come back, you never know.
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Depression and mental issues in general are hard to understand by outsiders much less live with. A little extra compassion and frank discussion to take away the social stigma for people who are genuinely suffering is a good start. I've had my struggles too and knowing that people love and accept me and want good for me is a tremendous positive force.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm here! Life has been busy, and posting on my tablet is more painful and I haven't felt like I had much to add to the conversations.

I was hoping to finagle a train ride to NYINC, there is a Heritage coin that's interesting and thought it would be fun to bid in person. Then I realized the cost of the trip would come out of my coin budget and decided to stay home.

Well, it is Christmas Eve and time to put the Internet Enabling Device DOWN for a bit and enjoy some eggnog image. I plan to be more active in the New Year!

Cathy

• Options
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    I'm here, Happy holidays. Haven't bought anything much at all.
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Hi Dimitri et al., I visit daily but rarely see anything to constructively respond to.

I am currently working with my developers to repair my web sites that were hacked in November.

Yeah, tis the season...
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the hacking Scott, but it's nice and rather unexpected to hear from you again.

I'm always surprised to hear that previously very active members, still lurk on an almost daily basis, but prefer to stay silent.

I fully understand the feeling of a lack of constructive responses,
    as well as the feeling of having had enough of replying to the same questions for the 101th time, let someone else do it now.

What I find hard to understand, is the (almost or) daily visits, when in a yeti mode. Speaking for myself, yeti is full yeti, no lurking, no nothing,
    just a few PMs with 2-3 close friends, that the new software allows me to do without even visiting the forum, as well as replying directly to their email addresses.

Hmmm, there had to be something positive about this software. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Hi folks, like Scott, I had a lot of computer problems. My favorite computer got the "BSOD" and never recovered, but luckily I was able to save every last byte of data off of the drive and restore it on to the now repaired unit.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    I lurk as well, but not much to post.
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a coin addict so I'm always around ! ??
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I still pop over here now and then...
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    I enjoy the gentlemanly (gentlepersonly?) chatter over here, too.
    Paul