Home Precious Metals

Did Provident switch from USPS to UPS-MI shipping?

(Hope this is the right forum.) Curious if others have noted whether Provident Metals has switched free-shipping from USPS to UPS-MI (Mail Innovations), or is a recent tiny order of mine an anomaly?

To my location MI generally means an extra 3-5 days transit time over USPS First-Class Parcel - and usually much more visible distress to the outer packaging. (Though I guess the wait-to-fill-the-entire-bin-before-moving-the-whole thing-to-the-next-regional-location-and-repeat method somehow saves money.)

Comments

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last order was UPS then handed off to USPS for delivery to my PO Box.
    GrandAm :)
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my orders as of late are via UPS-MI
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • jp297jp297 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Thanks for confirming.

Guess free shipping is worth the extra wait. (Haven't received it yet, but hope they added some extra padding, since - at least for me - nothing arrives as beat-up as UPS-MI parcels.)
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder which is worst.....

UPS-MI (Provident seems to have started using)?

or

FedEx Smartpost (USMint uses)?

I know that, being on the West Coast, FedEx Smartpost from the USMint SUCKS!

7-10 days (usually on the latter side of it).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Bochiman
    I wonder which is worst.....

UPS-MI (Provident seems to have started using)?
    or
    FedEx Smartpost (USMint uses)?

I know that, being on the West Coast, FedEx Smartpost from the USMint SUCKS!
    7-10 days (usually on the latter side of it).

Even DHL has a service like these. Is the $1 or 2 they save on shipping, worth all the bad will they create with there customers?
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In lieu of paying $5+ for shipping, I can live with snail mail. You can always upgrade your free shipping with most vendors for a fee.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."