Home U.S. Coin Forum

Klondike Gold Rush-Yukon Territory

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
I recently found and was able to buy an old Marine policy issued to one of the premier Mining Companies *****ociated with the Klondike Gold Rush- The Joseph Ladue Gold Mining Development Company of Yukon. The policy was issued by Fireman's Fund, based in San Francisco at that time. The policy was for marine coverage for the Steamer, Morgan City, which apparently provided transportation from SF and Seattle up to Alaska en route to the Yukon Territory. The effective dated are from April 24, 1899-1900.

The policy itself is quite artistically done- seems to be quite an interesting historical document from an interesting time- Apparently Joseph Ladue was quite a significant figure in the gold rush and was sort of the founder of Dawson City

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I have a family member that worked for Fireman's Fund in the 1980s.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a cool piece of history.

I love that sort of thing.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those old policies were often done with artistic designs too... some were very attractive.

Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file