Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

To neg or not to neg?!?!?!?!

Submitted a best offer on an item the other day. Seller accepted and I paid immediately.
Just got notified seller cancelled the sale. No explanation from the seller. I am really feeling like leaving a negative, but thought I would see what others thought.
2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• Options
    It depends what their reason from cancelling... You should let it be.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Contact the seller first to find out the reason. If you believe they are tossing you some bs, repay it with a neg. It's the right thing to do.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also a seller and don't toss out negatives or even neutrals. Seems to me that when I made an offer and they accepted, they must have still had the item!?

It looks like their excuse is their "out of stock or can't fulfill the order for another reason". If it was an item I was selling, I would contact the buyer before simply cancelling the order. At least an apology would have been nice.

Perhaps I expect too much?
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think any feedback can be left on a cancelled transaction, but perhaps I'm mistaken.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector

I don't think any feedback can be left on a cancelled transaction, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Don't you have to accept the cancellation?
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    If he didn't apologize, then the seller is rude. A neg should be left in my opinion.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: lawnmowerman

no. but since no apology, an auto-cancel and no communication...

buy another cheap item! image

• Options
    Interesting.

I wasn't offered the option to accept the cancellation, and when I tried to leave a neg I got this; "Sorry, you can't leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller until 7 days after purchase. In the mean time, please contact the seller to try to work things out."

Now I am getting more determined to neg, I may not be able to leave a neg when it's all said and done because of the cancellation, but we shall see!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: begsu1013

Originally posted by: lawnmowerman

no. but since no apology, an auto-cancel and no communication...

buy another cheap item! image

Ah lol!

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd Neg & state "Seller accepted my Best Offer and did not ship item after Immed. Payment"

That's not being a dick IMO

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Stick it to' em!
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    If you have to think about it, or ask others whether to do it....You should not!

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I cancelled a transaction from a guy I wanted to avoid and he said he would neg me, but he never did. Wonder if he just didn't have the option.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: swartz1
    If you have to think about it, or ask others whether to do it....You should not!

Not really the case here, was thinking members might say I was being too harsh. That does not seem to be the case.

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: GraderOfDeath

Neg him! Get into the holiday spirit.

^^^ w.w.g.o.d.d?

• Options
    Do your due diligence. Send them a message two or three times over the next 7 days that eBay has asked you to wait. If they still do not respond then on day 7 go ahead and leave feedback and don't feel bad about it. Do try and give them the chance to fix the situation or give you a reasonable (believable?) excuse.

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭
    THIS.

just remember, negative/neutral feedbacks always helps others avoid headaches like this.

don't be a d!ck, just state the facts.

naturally sometimes ya feel bad about doing it, but you are actually helping others out.

it's all about patterns.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mrmopar

THIS.

just remember, negative/neutral feedbacks always helps others avoid headaches like this.

don't be a *****, just state the facts.

naturally sometimes ya feel bad about doing it, but you are actually helping others out.

it's all about patterns.

Exactly
  • Options
    Originally posted by: 3 under par

Originally posted by: mrmopar

THIS.

don't be a *****, just state the facts.

it's all about patterns.

Exactly

HA! Was having some cookies and a little milk just shot out of my nose when I read this! Summed up perfectly.