Home Testing Forum

Comments

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Crazy
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: WillieBoyd2

In 1964, if you were a young man, and a respected coin expert invited you up to his room to show you a 1964 silver dollar, would you go?

What?

Where did that come from.

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NICE set.

I thought you might like the opinion that was offered by the Rockland Journal in 1892 about the "new" Barber design:

NICE set.

I thought you might like the opinion that was offered by the Rockland Journal in 1892 about the "new" Barber design:

An Improvement Over the Old Ones

The Inscriptions. Many of the new issues of the silver half and quarter dollars have been received in town and are being shown by the possessors. They are an improvement on the old coins. On one side is a fair looking eagle with a streamer in its mouth on which appears the motto " E Pluribus Unum," and over its head is a group of 13 stars ; in one of the bird's claws is a bunch of arrows, and in the other an olive branch, signifying war and peace. The words, "United States of America, Quarter Dollar," appear around the edge of the coin. On the other side a pretty medalion head of Liberty takes the place of the old figure of Liberty, and is an improvement. The head fills nearly the whole space inside the row of 13 stars which form the border. Over the head are the words "In God We Trust," and ' below it the date, " 1892." The design of both the halves and quarters is the same.

So, I hope you enjoy your "fair looking eagles."

Mark