Home Precious Metals
Options

You can't fool mother nature.

cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
Reality keeps its own set of books that is far more brutal than anything the IRS ever did to a scofflaw or tax evader. When the balance come due it is simply taken out of everyone's hide.

Is the trigger going to be the manipulation of metal's prices? Eventually the manipulators are going to fear being tried as war criminals when things go wrong and stop their behavior. At this point there will be no upper limit on price. There is no lower limit on the value of money until it's decreased substantially.

Tempus fugit.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The US doesn't charge people that manipulate financial markets, let alone put them in jail. It's more profitable for the US to fine the organization so that they can fine them again later. Going after the people behind the manipulation removes the cash cow.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite part of this forum is listening to people who think they are smarter than the markets.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iceland has no problem jailing bankers

For their parts in the 2008 crisis, 26 Icelandic banksters going to jail for a total of 74 years. And the US can't even get a single one. And that's 26 bankers out of a population of only 330,000 people. If we applied that to NY City alone (8.5 MILL) that would be equivalent to 669 bankers. Now that wouldn't be all that far from the 1,000+ people that were jailed in the 1980's S&L crisis (one cost estimate of S&L clean up was $160 BILL...or 1/100th the size of the 2008-2009 crisis).
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch Mother Nature's seasonal show with interest and admiration.... I watch the

ebb and flow of Human Nature's greed and manipulation with interest and pity...

Interesting times are ahead....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Originally posted by: cohodk
    My favorite part of this forum is listening to people who think they are smarter than the markets.

Markets are not very smart. They are simply reacting to greed and fear. It's strictly a matter of predicting emotional reaction to misguided policy.

• Options
    Originally posted by: derryb

Markets are not very smart. They are simply reacting to greed and fear. It's strictly a matter of predicting emotional reaction to misguided policy.

Case in point.,)

• Options

Everyone's smarter than markets.

Don't get me wrong markets are far smarter than a committee which has an IQ which is the inverse of the average of its members. Markets are more like a chain that are only as stong as their weakest link. Since most market "participants" now days don't even really participate it's a safe bet the "weakest link" is pretty darned weak.

All the trends are still in the wrong direction and signs of stress are becoming very apparent. Rich and powerful people can see these treends as well and some will be concerned when they examine their behavior. Behavior that leads to crises often becomes a political issue after the fact.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Funny how mother nature fools us. image

• Options
    anyone who's been through a serious hurricane or two knows how to prepare. They also are very familiar with the "eye" of the storm.

This

• Options

Those who get fooled only fooled themselves. image

• Options

Boy is it ever.

This is a conversation I have a great deal. People don't understand how huge a role language plays in who and what they are. Language is beliefs and we act on our beliefs until we become them.

Ancient people had a far more rational way to see everything I believe. They assumed the existence of reality and knew we can't see it directly but only through observation and logic could it be grasped (groked?). We wholly misunderstand ancient writing. We think they were sun addled bumpkins and they would call us "confused".

Tempus fugit.
  • Options

Those who get fooled only fooled themselves. image

Seen a lot of that for over half a decade now.

• Options
    London and COMEX gold markets in collapse.

"the gold is, in broad terms, gone from London and New York."

• Options

We've been hearing some version of this propaganda for over half a decade now.

• Options

We've been hearing some version of this propaganda for over half a decade now.

Same thing was said before the big one in 08. image

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing was said before the big one in 08.

Ah yes, 2008, the most recent time the world ended

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry