Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What is your favorite state quarter design?

What is your favorite state quarter design?
I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.

Comments

• Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Yes!!! I can't believe it actually worked! Maybe someone should start a poll asking if people prefer P or D mint coins. ha ha ha.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delaware because it was state where I was born, raised and earned my undergraduate degree, and there is not that much numismatic type Delaware stuff to collect

Man you did a lot of typing without knowing whether or not this was going to work.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    none of them
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    Originally posted by: BillJones
    Delaware because it was state where I was born, raised and earned my undergraduate degree, and there is not that much numismatic type Delaware stuff to collect

Man you did a lot of typing without knowing whether or not this was going to work.

And we probably need at least 500 people to take the poll just to get enough responses that 1 or 2 state designs show themselves as being liked more than the others.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favorite .....

• Options
    2nd Favorite....

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Originally posted by: TigersFan2

And we probably need at least 500 people to take the poll just to get enough responses that 1 or 2 state designs show themselves as being liked more than the others.

Here is a little factoid for you. The image of Caesar Rodney's face that appears on the Delaware quarter is an artist's conception. There are no known portraits of Caesar Rodney because he had facial cancer and was disfigured. In life he was very small in stature and was said to have an head that was about the size of man's fist.

Yet he was a brave patriot who spent more time in the state militia as he did in the Continental Congress. The Delaware quarter design was taken from a stature that stands in Wilmington, Delaware. It depicts Rodney's famous ride when he returned from down state Delaware to break a tie vote in the Delaware delegation for independence. Rodney would sign the Declaration of the Independence.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wyoming should not even be a choice.....a real stinker.

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the Connecticut design.
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawaii for me.
  • Options
    Yes, when I saw the Wyoming quarter for the first time, I thought that it was carousel pony.
  • Options

Yes, when I saw the Colorado quarter for the first time, I thought that it was carousel pony.

You mean the Wyoming quarter, Bill.

Here's the Unc. version....even more ugly!!!!

• Options
    Originally posted by: Goldbully
    Yes, when I saw the Colorado quarter for the first time, I thought that it was carousel pony.

You mean the Wyoming quarter, Bill.

Here's the Unc. version....even more ugly!!!!

Yes, my bad. I fixed it.
  • Options
    I thought that it was carousel pony.

The more I thought about carousel pony, the funnier it got in my mind.

Also, I really like the look of the Delaware quarter, no carousel pony here!!! image
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always liked Vermont.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

2007-S 25C Wyoming 90% Silver Proof Partial Collar Mint Error NGC PR69 Ultra Cameo.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the "Birthplace of Clinton" Arkansas design was the best
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Barndog

Barndog, I double dog dare you to post an example image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    I'm stunned with the votes Delaware is getting. I don't like Delaware and Wyoming because so much of the field is blank. I like a coin design that fills out the field.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Broadstruck

double dog daring got Ralphie in enough trouble...
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Originally posted by: Broadstruck

ME ALSO.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: TigersFan2
    I'm stunned with the votes Delaware is getting. I don't like Delaware and Wyoming because so much of the field is blank. I like a coin design that fills out the field.

As an artist I completely disagree. Clutter is what your asking for.

I love "white space" in design.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't have a favorite but do like those that showcase animals. Not so much for the cheese, NASA. type themes.

I think Louisiana missed the boat by not having only an alligator on theirs.

I think California should have had a grizzly and Redwood tree.

New Mexico should have had a majestic Elk.

Colorado should have had a Mountain Goat.

etc, etc.

These are the things I think of when you mention a particular state.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kentucky
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for Oregon, although it's pretty much a coin flip for me between that and the Washington state one.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wyoming!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Hydrant
    Wyoming!

Not the Raul Ramos II quarter?

• Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018 11:17AM

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Options
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I live in Tn. I'm partial to the New Hampshire, Old Man design.

Sad that Mother Nature had other plans.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the magnolia on the Mississippi Quarter (PCGS PR69 DCAM Silver), which represents the State Quarter in my 7070 Type Set.

...although the Connecticut quarter does look like a Lichtenberg Figure.

Captured Lightning
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This because I found it in my change one day
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file