Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FUN 2016 questions

I plan to attend FUN 2016 in Tampa in January 2016.

Is Thursday open to collectors or is it dealers only?
What is there that my wife and SIL can do to free me up during the day?
Are the club meeting open to collectors?
Will there be ANA education classes?

Thanks in advance...Rob

Comments

• Options
    JJSingletonJJSingleton Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thursday is opening day. Usually at 10am. The Fun Show has many educational programs scheduled throughout the day as well as club meetings. Plenty of exhibits too. And of course, auctions.

Joseph J. Singleton - First Superintendent of the U.S. Branch Mint in Dahlonega Georgia

Findley Ridge Collection
    About Findley Ridge

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will enjoy the show!image
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the show! It will be a very short drive for me this year. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already booked my flight and room.
    Can't wait!!

If you are really die hard, you can pay $100 for an Early Bird pass to go in Wednesday afternoon.
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully my son owns a house just down the road a bit so I'll get in my car on Wednesday and ease on down
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wednesday is dealer and super bourse day. It costs you money to get in, but at least there is a free sandwich. image

My advice to get there on Thursday. That is the best day. After that a lot of coins have beenpurchased and some dealers fly the coop before the end of the show ... not that I blame them having been a dealer there myself. Sunday can be very, very slow.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Show is open to the public on Thursday.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot viewing is open to everyone before the show opens to the public, so if you want to get there Wednesday and view auction lots, you can spend all of Thursday at the show itself.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: unclebob

I plan to attend FUN 2016 in Tampa in January 2016.

Is Thursday open to collectors or is it dealers only?

What is there that my wife and SIL can do to free me up during the day?

Are the club meeting open to collectors?

Will there be ANA education classes?

Thanks in advance...Rob

Send your wife and her sister shopping, or to a spa. If they don't love coins there's nothing at the show that will keep them interested very long. And you will be distracted, worrying about their happiness. Better to go separate ways so everyone really enjoys themselves.

Lance.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tampa International Mall (Google It) is a very nice large mall with some high end shops etc.

There are good restaurants at that mall as well. Without traffic it is about a 10 min drive away

but with traffic it could be 20 minutes or so. Lots of museums in Tampa and if you cross the bridge

into Pinellas County there is the Dali Museum and Chihuly as well....Museum of Fine Arts etc.

Pinellas beaches are an hour or so away.

Busch Gardens is a 20 minute drive or so away.

If you have a specific question, I might be able to help since I'm a local.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already booked flight, spending money set aside, room reserved, and iteneriary set to hit favorite clubs for nite life.
    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file