Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Heritage nickel prices tonight

TrazTraz Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭
Anybody think the shield and Liberty nickel prices were soft tonight at heritage? Some Jeffersons sold for good money but some of the shield nickels sold for a bargain. The eye appeal was not too great but the top pops sold dirt cheap.

I meant to buy some but only ended up getting one since I had to walk away.

Thoughts? I hope some of the buffalo prices tomorrow are soft, I have a ton of bids in.

Comments

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The high grade Barbers and Seated coins did rather well.

The Walker pickings were quite slim. A 17-S Obv. in 63 sold for almost 5000 and 17 S obverse in 64 went for 8800---those two were average prices for the issue IMHO. I didn't care for either one of those coins, though. A 1927-S in 66 CAC went for a staggering 35000 which I thought was a monumental price!! I hated the coin and I like my 64 much better.

Those were the only coins that I was watching.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    msch1manmsch1man Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Traz
    The eye appeal was not too great

I didn't look at the coins in question, but I would guess that explains the prices they went for.

• Options
    emzeeemzee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    The 44-s in ms68fs that sold for $14k+ would likely not make fs @ PCGS if submitted raw today, IMO.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the Jeffs got slammed back to reality. In particular the 42-D over Horiz D in 64FS sold for $6462. The previous 3 sales of 64FS were all 17k+. Ouch!
  • Options
    TrazTraz Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭
    $5 1902 pcgs cac ms67. 18k. Same coin July 14. 30.5k.

1910 ms66 pcgs cac 14k?

1906 2.5 pcgs cac 21k?

Yes thank you. I was going to buy all three of these but failed to bid due to my lil kids running around image

Should be an interesting FUN show. I have tons of bids in tomorrow on some nice looking coins. Guess we will see

• Options
    ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly you were playing on a different field. I won 2 64s and was watching a few more and they went for 2x or 3x trend.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file