Home Metal Detecting
Options

Oct 17, 2015: TWO NICE GOLD RINGS! And at least 9 silvers

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

Long day, getting ready for bed, but got out yesterday for a few hours to the "silver beach." First silver was a Barber dime! First barber there, and it was quite a surprise. Seems like a few older coins are starting to show. Also got a dateless V nickel, and a dateless IHC. Got a 1909 Lincoln too. Ended with 7 silver coins, at least 2 pieces of silver jewelry. There's a chance for 4 more to be sterling, but I'll play with them tomorrow.

The first surprise was a super weak signal that turned into almost a pull tab signal. But it turned out to be a nice ring with a beautiful stone. I believe it's 10k, but not really sure. There's a 10 in the band with that looks like either a J and an L, or two 90 degree angles. Weight is 5.9 grams.

Then later in the hunt I was moving towards a new area and got a zincoln-ish signal. Was surprised to see a heavy wedding band come out. This one is 14k and weighs 10.8 grams. Better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Bed time, HH all!

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.. that site is awesome.... what a treasure field. No telling what might show up
    next. Great day....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Nice hauls are becoming the norm for you. I would take a backhoe to the silver beach next time image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice gold image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dayum, you make me jealous with the productivity of your sites.

Even if we aren't seeing the pounds of trash you're also no doubt digging, it's always impressive.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Can't believe what's coming out of this place. Obvious targets are getting pretty scarce, so who knows how much longer it can keep up. Might have to find a deeper-detecting detector to give it a shot with. Hoping to get back out there once or twice more this year. Right now at 182 silver coins, and the only hope at hitting 200 is to get back there, or find a similarly-productive site near there.

Problem is it's a long drive now to get there. But will shoot for at least two more trips there this year.

LordM, there was plenty of trash there originally, and still some left. It's just nice because where most of this stuff is coming out, must've been pre-pull tabs. So it's spoiling me bad to dig these targets and only find a couple of pull tabs. There is other scrap metal and other misc, but it's still 10x better than digging that annoying aluminum!
  • Options
    Wow... awesome finds and almost no pull tabs???? Metal detecting heaven...

image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except for one or two sites, I've never been particularly plagued by aluminum. It's the rusty-crusties that seem to trip me up, particularly big iron.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    BigpoppasBigpoppas Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    That is some amazing selection of finds .. Congrats on some sweet stuff and a great spot ..

Can't wait to what else you dig out if there image
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impressive!
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    I've read your recent posts, all of which contain piles of gold and silver.

I've got two words for you: You suck.

Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    Thanks for the "you suck" zot!!

They aren't to be given lightly so its a real honor!

This is the beach I want to take the TDI SL at next weekend. Its supposed to arrive friday so I don't have much prep time with it. Any advice?
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Advice? Nah... doesn't look like you need any! image

I've never used your new machine myself, so I'm not even qualified. One thing I've noticed with the GPX is how screaming loud (maxing out the machine) most targets are.

With my older machines I've tended to skip most of those as they're nearly always trash, but with a PI they can be surprisingly deep coin/jewelry-sized targets.

Will be very interesting to see what you find and the difference your new machine makes! image

I have some plans myself too, so will hopefully be able to put up some new finds.
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    Best of luck with your new machine pcgs69.... Will be interested in hearing of your

experience with it... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats, and you suck.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    Yes, that is very nice. Do you know what kind of stone that is?