Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

New Forum Software

Comments

• cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Time stamp is off by 6 hours.
  • royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    I can't figure out how to post pics.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Ive figured out how to post links (nod to PhilG), but not pics.

Starting to figure out PMs

the ability to go to last unread post is the greatest thing that has ever happened to this forum.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

Originally posted by: seebelow everyone stay off my lawn.. image

Even me??

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Originally posted by: cardbender Time stamp is off by 6 hours.

I had the same problem. MikeLowell responded with the info below ... it works!

Doug, if I am correct you are in new york, yes??

Go into your profile: your time zone should be eastern and the time zone adjust should be -5. I am in boston, those are the settings on mine and it shows the correct times for posts.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Lost my Avatar. Went into my Profile ... uploaded it ... saved it ... it shows the name ... but does not appear on my posts.

Any help?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Where's the "Take me back to the old crappy Classic Forum!" option?
  • skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Doug, I did the same thing and mine shows fine. I just think its a system glitch during this update.
  • skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the edit message function is having an issue s as well. Couldn't edit the above. Need to figure out how to have images show in our signature.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

hmmm....

I might have to head over to the testing forum. I forgot it was even there, tbh.

• kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭
    There no longer seems to be a direct way from one forum to another. I have to hit "Collectors Universe" to get a list of all the forums.

On the forum page with the listings of the postings, there is no space between the date and time, which makes it card to read.

This is on Safari on an ipad.
    Kevin Thomas
  • kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭
    Posting date is messed up too. I thought it might be GMT as that is what UNIX/Linux uses, but that doesn't work either.

Post time 11:15am CDT aka 1615 GMT.

Time on post 5:15pm aka 1715.
    Kevin Thomas

Originally posted by: Stewie Where's the "Take me back to the old crappy Classic Forum!" option?

I concur

Originally posted by: kwtoz Posting date is messed up too. I thought it might be GMT as that is what UNIX/Linux uses, but that doesn't work either. Post time 11:15am CDT aka 1615 GMT. Time on post 5:15pm aka 1715.

Originally posted by: cardbender Time stamp is off by 6 hours.

I had the same problem. MikeLowell responded with the info below ... it works!

Doug, if I am correct you are in new york, yes??

Go into your profile: your time zone should be eastern and the time zone adjust should be -5. I am in boston, those are the settings on mine and it shows the correct times for posts.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a big space under my sig line and a copy of my old icon was in the "profile" but not on the real time sig line.

So, I removed everything to start over and now I can't do anything.

This is what I get:

edit: is everyone seeing a large space under my sig line?

Also, the max length? That's all I wrote was: Mike

Mike

Has the "Link" thing been resolved?

If I want to put a link:

1. "Write" what you want it to be on the reply or sig line e.g.

2. "Highlight" what you typed.

3. The "Link" will come live.

4. "Press" the link and enter the URL for that link

5. Done

Mike
  • Why fix something that isn't broken, change for the sake of change is senseless ...

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Originally posted by: TNP777 Tabe, at the top right of the screen there are a couple of icons to resize the text on the screen.

Thank you!

Does anyone have a spare lightbulb.

I'm here - light's out.

Mike
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

I wonder if the full functionality of the Insert Picture code has been activated? It shows that it has a mouse over feature, but I can't get it to work. I was able to add a 25 pt border to this pic, though. That's kinda cool.

• I'm sure that some members here will be glad that tattling just got a whole lot easier with the "Report this to a moderator" link under every post.
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Perfect. That will make your job 100% easier.

Is it now easier to post photos, or do you still have to go thru photo bucket etc then cut and paste a link? Updating your time zone is not much of a problem. Hang in there.

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I like it!
    Good for you.
    Steve ... you may be in a corner all by yourself! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Originally posted by: Stone193 Does anyone have a spare lightbulb. I'm here - light's out.

Originally posted by: runningman Why fix something that isn't broken, change for the sake of change is senseless ...

Originally posted by: lawnmowerman
    Originally posted by: Stewie Where's the "Take me back to the old crappy Classic Forum!" option?
    I concur

Me three!!

• begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭

let's test out the tattle-tale function:

Originally posted by: Stone193 I had a big space under my sig line and a copy of my old icon was in the "profile" but not on the real time sig line. So, I removed everything to start over and now I can't do anything. This is what I get: image edit: is everyone seeing a large space under my sig line? Also, the max length? That's all I wrote was: Mike

I figured out what was wrong.

I "highlighted" the entire box and deleted the empty space - tho nothing was there, somehow the computers "thinks" there's something there.

Now the excess space is gone.

I still can't figure how to put a scan of some kind on the sig line - it shows in preview but on the sig line only the URL shows.

Well, that's enough for one day.

I'll have to pace myself. image

Mike
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone figured out a way to search for a string with an apostrophe in it? I used to be able to search for 'LC's' to find my collecting threads, but keep getting no results found now.

On another note, looks like the PM limit has increased to 125K.

• Test post

I still haven't figured out how to post an image in my sig line.

If I put the scan in the add image button - it shows in the "preview" but when I go to it "live" - I only see writing.

I was trying to put this icon in it - it was my first icon when I joined in 2004 until I created my own. Am I an nostalgic schmo? Sure.

Mike

I did get to change my Icon a bit - same theme - bigger shot of stonehenge.

Old icon:

Mike

Also, I noticed that in the "Reply" area - one can DELETE their post totally - that's new.

Mike

Originally posted by: TNP777 Love the new avatar, Mike

Thanx Geordie!

Mike
  • PhilGPhilG Posts: 237 ✭✭

Originally posted by: LarkinCollector Has anyone figured out a way to search for a string with an apostrophe in it? I used to be able to search for 'LC's' to find my collecting threads, but keep getting no results found now. On another note, looks like the PM limit has increased to 125K.

Try LC~'

Originally posted by: PhilG
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector Has anyone figured out a way to search for a string with an apostrophe in it? I used to be able to search for 'LC's' to find my collecting threads, but keep getting no results found now. On another note, looks like the PM limit has increased to 125K.
    Try LC~'

I just tried that and only get a couple L.C. Greenwood threads.

Originally posted by: LarkinCollector
    Originally posted by: PhilG
    Try LC~'
    I just tried that and only get a couple L.C. Greenwood threads.

I tried searching for your threads yesterday after I saw your post. I tried many different ways with no results to show. Perhaps change LC To Larkincollector in your thread titles?

• What's the interest in Stonehenge? Im thinking that there must be a story behind it.
    Originally posted by: thebaseballcardkid
    What's the interest in Stonehenge? Im thinking that there must be a story behind it.
    There's 93 Stones - currently - at Stonehenge - and "1" Slaughter Stone.

Pretty cool, huh?

Mike
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Whats the over/under on how long the "report to moderator" button lasts? Seems too easy to use instantaneously for some who can't help themselves. Before rethinking.

Where the button itself may be abused and the moderators inbox is full with more false alarms than legitimate complaints. A one click EZ button vs the time to write out a paragraph and then send it.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • clarke442clarke442 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I have one issue, have not been on enough lately to have any more.

On the old version a link in a post opened in a new or separate window. The new software, seems to keep the same window, so when I close what I think is the link window, I am closing out of the forum completely. I don't know if there is a setting for this or not, or if it is just me. Just wondering, plus I am kinda with the "If it aint broke…" belief.

Bill
    If you were to add a scan on another forum that will host it from your personal file?

If you copy the URL and try to post it here?

Doesn't seem to work.
    Mike
  • depcsdepcs Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Test
    Originally posted by: depcs
    Test
    ing Forum?

• SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Where are the icons now? When I go into Profile and View All, I only see a couple pages of cartoon faces.

"Molon Labe"

Originally posted by: SidePocket
    Where are the icons now? When I go into Profile and View All, I only see a couple pages of cartoon faces.

My guess is since the upload your own icon option is available every day now, they probably dumped all the old ones to save space. That was a pretty massive sea of avatars from a lot of people no longer posting here.
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Matt, so you see the same thing I do? And what if I want to steal your Emmitt icon, how can I do it?????

"Molon Labe"

This discussion has been closed.