Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver is in high demand....

2»

Comments

• Options
    What about the failure of the $1. where else are you going to put your money! I want mine out of the Banks, especially CHASE! If the dollar fails I want silver and gold in my hands. Nothing else, this will be a world wide crash. Metals are Real Money! To me with guaranteed Fixed Annuities and Gold and Silver, there is nothing more to save myself other than food, water shelter and ammo. It is not a good time, we were sold out and now we are going to pay for it! It is just a matter of Time before the Fed will blame China for crashing our markets and our world.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the last time that the markets did exactly what you wanted them to do, at the exact time that you wanted them to do it?

This morning.

Lots of emotion in your words dlimb2.

Youre going to be rich roadrunner, with all your worth in PMs.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    currently, we are witnessing an abrupt change in normal silver "market dynamics.

Oh goodie. Thanks for the kudos roadrunner. If what you thought to be true is now changing, then obviously you didn't know.

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When is the last time that the markets did exactly what you wanted them to do, at the exact time that you wanted them to do it?

This morning.

Lots of emotion in your words dlimb2.

Youre going to be rich roadrunner, with all your worth in PMs. >>

Yea,... alot invested in "if"... Amazing, but par for the course...

Should probably invest more in memorizing Kipling's If, and then applying it ...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What about the failure of the $1. where else are you going to put your money! I want mine out of the Banks, especially CHASE! If the dollar fails I want silver and gold in my hands. Nothing else, this will be a world wide crash. Metals are Real Money! To me with guaranteed Fixed Annuities and Gold and Silver, there is nothing more to save myself other than food, water shelter and ammo. It is not a good time, we were sold out and now we are going to pay for it! It is just a matter of Time before the Fed will blame China for crashing our markets and our world. >>

I know most people will not agree with what I am about to write, but here goes image

Metals haven't been "real money" globally since 1971. Now, they are just another asset class in an investment portfolio. Fixed annuities are a terrible investment if you believe the dollar is going to collapse. Your fixed returns are measured in dollars. As the dollar collapses, so does your investment income.

If you truly feel the dollar will collapse and become worthless, why aren't you diversifying your portfolio with other currencies along with precious metals? Surely, some other currency will rise as the dollar falls even in a world wide crash. Maybe you should be investing in the Yuan, Rupee, Yen, Euro or Ruble to hedge yourself since these are "real money" in todays global economy. When and if the U.S. does collapse, you will have diversified away your risk of a collapsing currency by investing in its alternative.

The way it is set up, the global monetary system is really a zero sum game. As one monetary system fails, another will rise. Even with a global collapse, one or more currencies will rise from those ashes and become the currency of the future. A return to a monetary system backed by precious metals instead, has about a 1% chance of ever happening in my humble opinion.

Look at those countries whose currencies have failed (Argentina would be a great recent example). If an investor in those countries had enough foresight to invest in U.S. dollars, they would have become wealthy beyond imagination in their country. They could have bought all the water, food, shelter and ammo they ever wanted because everyone, including the government, was scrambling to find U.S. dollars.
  • Options
    I am an American, I will not put a dime into a Communist Yuan, I will buy my precious metals which display the American Eagle. That American Eagle stands for the American People and the strength and the power we all have to over come what is about to befall us as a nation. We stand together as a Nation or we will parish. Our fathers have to be rolling over in their graves. What our forefathers have fought and died for is turned into , it is hard to find the words to describe, what a few can do to cause the suffering and devastation of millions of people. We won't and can't go down without a fight, as we are our forefathers children the heart and soul of the American Way. If we have to die to take back America then that is the way it will be.
    We were sold out over 40 years ago. Some of the people who are responsible are still alive today...We all need to meet in some town square like they use to do and take care of business.
    The People of this country have become weak, dumbed down as they call it today! I do not think there is much intelligence left, each generation for the past 40 years has become dumber and dumber. I don't know, either lay down and die or fight to the death, what choices do we have?
    We all know where the problems began and we know most of the culprits and we certainly know the last major players. China is not responsible for this it is our own home grown Monsters, that need some of their own medicine. I wish it were a dream we could all wake up from.
  • Options
    You realize that 40 years ago folks ranted about the same....with all those long haired hippy freaks running around.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You realize that 40 years ago folks ranted about the same....with all those long haired hippy freaks running around. >>

And those hippies are the ones who decided to politicize and changed things to what they are today.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way it is set up, the global monetary system is really a zero sum game. As one monetary system fails, another will rise. Even with a global collapse, one or more currencies will rise from those ashes and become the currency of the future.

True enough.

It's also apparent that until we can break the chokehold that the world's central bankers have over the politicians and the money supply by being allowed to dole out imaginary helicopter money to their cronies to maintain their power and influence, the working middle class will continue to evaporate.

There's never been a more unproductive group who produce less and get paid more than the central bankers, unless it's the politicians.

A return to a monetary system backed by precious metals instead, has about a 1% chance of ever happening in my humble opinion.

There's only two ways that could happen. The first is a collapse of the entire worldwide monetary & trade systems. The second is when the central banks all have total control over the supply of metals.

What makes it interesting is that the West has been divesting while the East has been accumulating, both for their own reasons. At some point, there will always be a divergence of interests between the divestors vs. the accumulators. When that happens, I would expect some markets to move, probably in a substantial way. I would also expect some draconian measures to be implemented by the losers.

The IMF apparently made a concession as they now consider gold a "tier 1 asset". Gold may not end up being the basis for a new system, but it will be given some weight. We just don't know how much.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You realize that 40 years ago folks ranted about the same....with all those long haired hippy freaks running around. >>

And those hippies are the ones who decided to politicize and changed things to what they are today. >>

Good thing their children seen the folly of their parents ways.image

• Options

<< <i>I am an American, I will not put a dime into a Communist Yuan, I will buy my precious metals which display the American Eagle. That American Eagle stands for the American People and the strength and the power we all have to over come what is about to befall us as a nation. We stand together as a Nation or we will parish. Our fathers have to be rolling over in their graves. What our forefathers have fought and died for is turned into , it is hard to find the words to describe, what a few can do to cause the suffering and devastation of millions of people. We won't and can't go down without a fight, as we are our forefathers children the heart and soul of the American Way. If we have to die to take back America then that is the way it will be.
    We were sold out over 40 years ago. Some of the people who are responsible are still alive today...We all need to meet in some town square like they use to do and take care of business.
    The People of this country have become weak, dumbed down as they call it today! I do not think there is much intelligence left, each generation for the past 40 years has become dumber and dumber. I don't know, either lay down and die or fight to the death, what choices do we have?
    We all know where the problems began and we know most of the culprits and we certainly know the last major players. China is not responsible for this it is our own home grown Monsters, that need some of their own medicine. I wish it were a dream we could all wake up from. >>

Great post.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver is in high demand.
    I promised myself not to share anymore FIRST HAND facts or figures. But I do agree with the premise of the title of the thread.
  • Options
    I want to tell you all a story that happened to me the other day. I took my mother down to Chase to put 10K into the bank and buy SILVER, I was wiring the money. They called my sister and told her that they thought I was abusing my mother and that they were going to file elder abuse against me. My sister said what! Why are you doing this? They told her, I took 10k of my mothers money and was buying silver. She told them she knew it, it blew her mind. She called me and told me what they had done. I ask you what if any action should I take regarding this incident?
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I want to tell you all a story that happened to me the other day. I took my mother down to Chase to put 10K into the bank and buy SILVER, I was wiring the money. They called my sister and told her that they thought I was abusing my mother and that they were going to file elder abuse against me. My sister said what! Why are you doing this? They told her, I took 10k of my mothers money and was buying silver. She told them she knew it, it blew her mind. She called me and told me what they had done. I ask you what if any action should I take regarding this incident? >>

Did your mother deposit the $10K in cash?

So Chase bank took it upon themselves to call your sister about your mother's purchase?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    My mother is of sound mind and it was at her request that we buy silver. She knows the condition of our Nation and is highly upset. We sit and discuss our affairs together and I feel I have tried to protect our assets as best I can.
  • Options
    Yeah cohodk, drugs, sex and rock n roll. Those are the one's. They even made it to the White House! Imagine that!
  • Options
    So thanks to that generation for screwing things up is in order?

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I want to tell you all a story that happened to me the other day. I took my mother down to Chase to put 10K into the bank and buy SILVER, I was wiring the money. They called my sister and told her that they thought I was abusing my mother and that they were going to file elder abuse against me. My sister said what! Why are you doing this? They told her, I took 10k of my mothers money and was buying silver. She told them she knew it, it blew her mind. She called me and told me what they had done. I ask you what if any action should I take regarding this incident? >>

Did your mother deposit the $10K in cash?

So Chase bank took it upon themselves to call your sister about your mother's purchase? >>

I like that they did this. They clearly had a relationship with your Mother and decided it was worth looking into.

While it must have stung I would not pursue it further.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So thanks to that generation for screwing things up is in order? >>

No, they just milking it for all they can. Mean while we got Russia trying to provoke a WAR~WAKE the Frigg up!Talking headsimage

Trump's crazy azz is the brightest light I have seen since Perot and Regan.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Chase will meet their own demise, no one left to bail them out AGAIN!

The ones who went to fight a war that we had no business fighting, are the ones they are going to have to answer to. The spoiled hippies of the 60's, "don't trust anyone over 30" mind set, who never had to go to war, or worry about where their next meal is coming from, some how found their way to Wall Street and the White House from their Daddy's,. Old saying "if you can't beat ummmmm Join ummmmm"
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I want to tell you all a story that happened to me the other day. I took my mother down to Chase to put 10K into the bank and buy SILVER, I was wiring the money. They called my sister and told her that they thought I was abusing my mother and that they were going to file elder abuse against me. >>

Time for a new bank.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    A logical and pragmatic explanation to your experience would not be received well.

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like to me the bank police are watching you! Was you & your sisters name on the account? 10k to buy silver is a loony tunes reason to spend $$ to any non stacker I ever met. Most think your crazy if you have savings. They think you should spend others peoples money and never own a thing. Leave it all to the bank.

Owe to much walk away from it. The new normal~ya know?image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Elder abuse is taken very seriously in the financial services industry.

• Options
    It was cash the had been removed from their bank for investment purposes...It was in cash...cash is king ya know. I had sold a house less than a year ago and we had all the money in the bank...and I said oh no......when the bank manager said to me, nastily to boot....which drew my attention as to something going on...I began to investigate world conditions. I have been a collector for the last 20 years. What I found was not a good thing. So I went back the next day and pulled a big chunk out....took me a 9 days to get it....then I started to search as to where I wanted to put it....just to see if it was not propaganda that I was hearing....So I found the cheapest deal and I purchased enough to survive on and to help family if need be...I heard that 200 silver eagles will be enough if things go to Hell in a hand basket....I gave my sister 200 because she lives 300 miles from me and Chicago is not going to go down in any good way...I wanted her to have the money to get out if she needed to. Yes we did have a great deal of money in the bank, but not no more!
  • Options
    Yeah. well they sure would see how big a deal it is, if they had turned me in...I have never taken a dime from my mother, never!
  • Options
    My sister called her bank to check NY Chase out. She told them what happened and wanted to know if the person who called her was a real person at Chase. they were. Then she told me a couple days later about it. I was mad...they know I know all about them. Baster ds!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always vote with your feet.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    My name and my mothers name are both on the account...she was sitting there with me inside the bank...telling them we were going to buy silver...and why! My mother always talks a lot at the wrong times.

My main concern is to stay a live and not have to beg for anything...I am not a good begger. It sure would be abuse if I did not protect my mother and her future welfare, and Chase take her money and leave her homeless.
  • Options
    Something needs to be done with Jamie Diamond and Chase.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Something needs to be done with Jamie Diamond and Chase. >>

You can't prosecute him if you can spell his name correctly on the warrant. image

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

What do you expect, he used to work for the FED image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

You can't prosecute him if you can spell his name correctly on the warrant. image >>

Yeah. It's Jamie Demon. image
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Lol, what a gas...
    Cash is king, so buy silver... Yeppers even better speculate with an old ladies money... Even better redeposit into bank to actually perpetrate said action... I wonder what exactly that dear old lady knows about silver, of course that is besides nothing...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    rawteam1, you sound pretty ignorant...and don't know to much,,,maybe you should read a little further up the pages....You spew out both ends! Yes cash is king for the moment and will be for some time....Silver is at it's all time low except for when I purchased my first silver back at 4$ years ago...Sorry you can't buy any, it has many uses...just not for you...well it might just help you if you suck on a silver eagle...maybe it will aid in the spewing!
  • Options
    Oh, ok will do... Lol
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    when cash is king you use it to buy what you believe will dethrone it.

Sell high (even cash), buy low.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lol, what a gas...
    Cash is king, so buy silver... Yeppers even better speculate with an old ladies money... Even better redeposit into bank to actually perpetrate said action... I wonder what exactly that dear old lady knows about silver, of course that is besides nothing... >>

You might as well ask what does that lady know about investing in anything (stocks, bonds, commodities, currencies, real estate). They all have years where they go up, followed by years where they go down. All you really have to do is to buy when large price distortions occur (ie SPY vs. silver, or USD/JPY vs. silver, or USD/AUD vs. silver, etc.). Cash is king, until it's not king. What if the USDollar is now heading down into a multi-year cycle low? Then it wouldn't be "king" would it?
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    that i dont know RR, what i do know is the poster of said story stated that cash was king...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>that i dont know RR, what i do know is the poster of said story stated that cash was king... >>

I have to give the OP some credit, his suck on a silver eagle comment was pretty darn funny.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Elder abuse is taken very seriously in the financial services industry. >>

Maybe I should join AARP and protest to my banker and credit card company. image
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as I hold my monster box of ASE's, the price of silver will be range bound. When I sell it, silver
    will rally to new highs. I will let you know when I sell so you can plan accordingly.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As long as I hold my monster box of ASE's, the price of silver will be range bound. When I sell it, silver
    will rally to new highs. I will let you know when I sell so you can plan accordingly.image >>

Put me on top of your contact listimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>As long as I hold my monster box of ASE's, the price of silver will be range bound. When I sell it, silver
    will rally to new highs. I will let you know when I sell so you can plan accordingly. >>

want some gold eagles for all or part of it?

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

will rally to new highs. I will let you know when I sell so you can plan accordingly. >>

want some gold eagles for all or part of it? >>

derryb,

Thanks for the offer, however I put them in the safe deposit box for retirement or
    for my wife to cash in when she puts me in a nursing home.image

When I do decide to sell, you and OPA will be at the top of my contact list.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater