Home Precious Metals
Options

A humorous article about Amazon

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw this today , US ponzi finance at its finest ,

The headline is Jeff Bezos earned 16 billion last year which is 8 times as much as Amazon has in "earnings" since it has existed .

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bezos's salary is about $80,000 per year. Given the hours he probably works is less than $30/ hour....less than most of us on this board.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the best run company today.

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Great company for its customers (retail consumers)... not so great for those who care about actual corporate profits and not just stock price.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options

<< <i>Great company for its customers (retail consumers)... not so great for those who care about actual corporate profits and not just stock price. >>

They will come in spades. All the heavy lifting has already been done

mark
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Great company for its customers (retail consumers)... not so great for those who care about actual corporate profits and not just stock price. >>

They will come in spades. All the heavy lifting has already been done

mark >>

I don't think so , it could easily make a profit if that was ever the intention but its run as a private piggy bank. Jeffy boy is a genius , most people that run a company this way have to reincorporate under a new name every 4 or 5 years to stay out of a jail cell.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is legal, then stop complaining. It is his business, he runs it - no one is forced to invest or patronize it. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop complaining

Around here? image

This place is built on complaining

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought they we reinvesting most of their profits back into the company.
  • Options

<< <i>

I thought they we reinvesting most of their profits back into the company. >>

Countries should so lucky to have their infrastructure and technology.

mark
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The article lost all credibility with me with the 'He’s far worse than Madoff. Madoff just screwed over his wealthy peers' statement.

Internet silliness at its best. image

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.