Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Very Own Pop 1 Gem Mt 10 (updated with scans)

graygatorgraygator Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
Sort of a vanity project, I guess, but still thought I'd share. After an N9 misfire and some back and forth with the good folks at PSA, I finally managed to worm my way into the pop report. I wasn't really expecting to pull a 10, I just wanted one of these slabbed for display, so that was a nice surprise. And it should remain a pop 1 since nobody else in their right mind would pay good money to get one of these graded. Should make for some funny double takes when I slide it in with my HOF Rookies in a wall display. Will post a scan when I get it back.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Sort of a vanity project, I guess, but still thought I'd share. After an N9 misfire and some back and forth with the good folks at PSA, I finally managed to worm my way into the pop report.

24718439 GEM MINT 10 1998 Multi-Ad Erie Sea Wolves 12 Michael Gray Card

I wasn't really expecting to pull a 10, I just wanted one of these slabbed for display, so that was a nice surprise. And it should remain a pop 1 since nobody else in their right mind would pay good money to get one of these graded. Should make for some funny double takes when I slide it in with my HOF Rookies in a wall display. Will post a scan when I get it back. >>

Awesome, can't wait to see a scan!!
  • Options
    Is it you?
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options

<< <i>Is it you? >>

Yes.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is it you? >>

Yes. >>

Sorry, went to lunch. But yeah, Dan's right, it's me.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    That's cool, Michael. Someone is selling your card on Amazon right now, but it's only nrmt-mt. image
  • Options

<< <i>That's cool, Michael. Someone is selling your card on Amazon right now, but it's only nrmt-mt. image >>

I figured I had the last ones that would ever see the light of day, but I guess you really can buy anything on Amazon. Still, it's more like someone is offering it for sale--I can't imagine they are actually "selling" any.
  • Options

<< <i>Your card on COMC. >>

$2.75 for a raw, o/c copy? Man, I guess a Gem Mt 10 would at least be worth $30. Isn't that the way it usually works? And mine's a pop 1 to boot? $$$$$$$
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Call me a kid at heart, but I can hardly think of anything cooler than a card of oneself, PSA 10 and pop 1! Congrats on that!
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on doing well enough to get pictured on the card in the first place and the Pop 1!
    Steve
  • Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭
    During the late 90s, I worked for a bank in downtown Akron and got to go to a lot of Akron Aeros games between 1997-2000. I imagine I might have seen you play in 1998.

This is very cool.
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

$2.75 for a raw, o/c copy? Man, I guess a Gem Mt 10 would at least be worth $30. Isn't that the way it usually works? And mine's a pop 1 to boot? $$$$$$$ >>

May as well crack the slab, sign it, and resub under red flip PSA/DNA!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations - looking forward to seeing the card!
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

$2.75 for a raw, o/c copy? Man, I guess a Gem Mt 10 would at least be worth $30. Isn't that the way it usually works? And mine's a pop 1 to boot? $$$$$$$ >>

May as well crack the slab, sign it, and resub under red flip PSA/DNA! >>

Ha! I guess they could just use my signature on the submission form to authenticate the one on the card.
  • Options

<< <i>During the late 90s, I worked for a bank in downtown Akron and got to go to a lot of Akron Aeros games between 1997-2000. I imagine I might have seen you play in 1998.

This is very cool. >>

1998 was the last year Erie was a NY-Penn League team as short-season A for the Pirates, so I never played in Akron, unfortunately. Erie moved up and joined the Eastern League the next year.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a circle change.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    And you went 4-0 on a team that was 26-50. CONGRATS. Post the card when it comes back.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    graygator, that is pretty awesome to have a POP 1 PSA 10. Make sure to post a picture when you have with your other rookies on the wall display. What a great conversation piece to have in your house. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    very cool graygator and congrats!
    I have a couple of magazine that I somehow managed to get into from usahockey that I have framed and displayed. I think unique things like this are neat to have.
  • Options
    Congrats, I look forward to seeing he card.
    Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    I envy you. Congrats on the GEM MINT 10 of yourself!
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2017 10:39AM