Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver Eagles?

2»

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday morning Heritage put out an offer for 5 Monster boxes of 2015 ASE's at +$4.75 over spot/coin. 500 min order. They sold them out in 10 min. Sounds like demand to me.

Silver has just peaked out above the 20 week downtrend line from the May $17.77 high. It's also run into the top of the sideways, 2 month contracting triangle. It's either break out or break down time.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yesterday morning Heritage put out an offer for 5 Monster boxes of 2015 ASE's at +$4.75 over spot/coin. 500 min order. They sold them out in 10 min. Sounds like demand to me.

Silver has just peaked out above the 20 week downtrend line from the May $17.77 high. It's also run into the top of the sideways, 2 month contracting triangle. It's either break out or break down time. >>

I need just a wee bit more break down time to reach my goal.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to think of metals as a place to park money for when I WANT it, not for when I NEED it.

+1
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yesterday morning Heritage put out an offer for 5 Monster boxes of 2015 ASE's at +$4.75 over spot/coin. 500 min order. They sold them out in 10 min. Sounds like demand to me. >>

2500 coins? That isn't even 50 grand!! Lmao. Hahaha.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yesterday morning Heritage put out an offer for 5 Monster boxes of 2015 ASE's at +$4.75 over spot/coin. 500 min order. They sold them out in 10 min. Sounds like demand to me. >>

2500 coins? That isn't even 50 grand!! Lmao. Hahaha. >>

Sampling: Statistical method of obtaining representative data or observations from a group (lot, batch, population, or universe).

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

$50K in 10 minutes. If they had 500 of them, they'd have sold in one day. Work that out over the course of 2-3 months which is how long ASE's have been under pressure. I mentioned earlier that India bought 1400 tonnes of silver in one month....or 63% of world production during that time. Sure looks like silver is headed for $17 again...just has to get past $15.70-$15.75. Maybe the "so-called conundrum" of the high ASE and 90% premiums is starting to show its face. Someone must have ignored their "market dynamics." image
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>While this premium is apparently in place why not sell whatever ASE's you have ? When the premium is gone then buy more if you like.

I remember about 2 years ago when silver was around 25 or so there was a big surge of demand and I used it to get rid of some Canadian junk and war nickles for a nice premium to spot. I'm glad I no longer have that crap now.

image >>

There are people who are still under water even at these levels. Put em up here and people still want to lowball you. I had a tough time trying to sell anything here for about the last year. >>

So what is the demand if one can't sell silver on a silver on a silver chat room? >>

I just gave up on trying to sell here before the "frenzy"imagestarted.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I just gave up on trying to sell here before the "frenzy"imagestarted. >>

Too many "Experts" on here to buy or sell effectively at least at these price levels
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Too many "Experts" on here to buy or sell effectively at least at these price levels >>

Got that right, everyone here is way too smart to buy from each other image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Too many "Experts" on here to buy or sell effectively at least at these price levels >>

Not necessarily. At that time premiums were still at somewhat more normal levels so one had to count on bumps in spot price in order increase one's selling price. Also it's hard to sell at $20 a pop when someone like a JMBullion is selling at $19 a pop.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Not necessarily. At that time premiums were still at somewhat more normal levels so one had to count on bumps in spot price in order increase one's selling price. Also it's hard to sell at $20 a pop when someone like a JMBullion is selling at $19 a pop. >>

The BST is niche market . Prices generally higher than Ebay and yet zero sellers fees . image Paypal gift often required as well. This humble observer would think with no fees prices would be lower but hey ,I only had 2 semesters of economics so what do I know.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

$50K in 10 minutes. If they had 500 of them, they'd have sold in one day. Work that out over the course of 2-3 months which is how long ASE's have been under pressure. I mentioned earlier that India bought 1400 tonnes of silver in one month....or 63% of world production during that time. Sure looks like silver is headed for $17 again...just has to get past $15.70-$15.75. Maybe the "so-called conundrum" of the high ASE and 90% premiums is starting to show its face. Someone must have ignored their "market dynamics." image >>

Well, Silver did manage to blow past $15.75, lets see if it continues up to the $17 level. Personally, I hope it gets up to $19.00 by years end.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

$50K in 10 minutes. If they had 500 of them, they'd have sold in one day. Work that out over the course of 2-3 months which is how long ASE's have been under pressure. I mentioned earlier that India bought 1400 tonnes of silver in one month....or 63% of world production during that time. Sure looks like silver is headed for $17 again...just has to get past $15.70-$15.75. Maybe the "so-called conundrum" of the high ASE and 90% premiums is starting to show its face. Someone must have ignored their "market dynamics." image >>

Don't look now Roadrunner, but according to a recent market watck article, Chinese citizens have bought 20x that much in US real estate. Rut roh, what that mean?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Don't look now Roadrunner, but according to a recent market watck article, Chinese citizens have bought 20x that much in US real estate. Rut roh, what that mean? >>

They do need a place to live, duh.
  • Options

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't look now Roadrunner, but according to a recent market watck article, Chinese citizens have bought 20x that much in US real estate. Rut roh, what that mean?

I prolly means that the real estate market is much bigger than the silver market. What do you think it means?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Don't look now Roadrunner, but according to a recent market watck article, Chinese citizens have bought 20x that much in US real estate. Rut roh, what that mean?

I prolly means that the real estate market is much bigger than the silver market. What do you think it means? >>

There was a recent report on Nightly Business Report about wealthy Chinese moving over here. One or two NYC properties to live in could easily top $1 million.
  • Options

<< <i>Don't look now Roadrunner, but according to a recent market watck article, Chinese citizens have bought 20x that much in US real estate. Rut roh, what that mean?

I prolly means that the real estate market is much bigger than the silver market. What do you think it means? >>

Really doesn't make a rats arse what I think, now does it?

• Options

<< <i>

Really doesn't make a rats arse what I think, now does it? >>

This! Or what anybody else here thinks for that matter.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Don't look now Roadrunner, but according to a recent market watck article, Chinese citizens have bought 20x that much in US real estate. Rut roh, what that mean? >>

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ It means property tax revenues will continue and American soil is better to live on than Chinese soil.
    And the Eagles take longer to get than a loan at the bank of China.
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They own most of the US Treasury bills, they are buying up the housing, they have hacked and stolen financial, health, private industry and government data.

Big Brother is coming soon and he is Chinese !!!! image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater